Codemasters Senior Programmer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Codemasters Senior Programmer Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southam, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Codemasters (Southam, West Midlands, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial phone interview covered the standard "Why are you thinking of leaving your current employer?" and "Why here?". There then followed a programming test; covering constructors, destructors, initialiser lists, the virtual keyword, dot product, cross product and some others I can no longer recall.

The interview has an hour long affair - discussing additionally platform hardware, working practices (use of source control and the like), writing a routine to reverse a string on a whiteboard and a logic / programming question called the common ancestor.

Then (again fairly standard) "Previous package?", "Expectation?" and finally "Do you have any questions?"

Interview Questions

• The common ancestor problem. Given an unbalanced binary tree and 2 nodes on that tree what is fastest way to find the common ancestor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

In a word - brief. Gave my expectations at the interview. They phoned a few days later offering less. I said 'no'. They offered more. I accepted.