Coffman Engineers Senior Structural Engineer (Oakland) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Coffman Engineers Senior Structural Engineer (Oakland) Interview Questions

Interviews at Coffman Engineers

1 Interview Review

Senior Structural Engineer (Oakland) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Coffman Engineers (Oakland, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the position. Coffman Engineers had just purchased a Bay Area engineering firm. The Principal of that office was very good. He asked technical questions and questions about my past experiences and what I expected from the position. He was a good person and invited me to the next interview.

The next interview consisted of a phone conversation with the Managing Principal of the Seattle office. This interview did not go well at all. He was quite dishonorable and condescending. He told me I should have stayed in California when there were no jobs available. Of course, when he was questioned about paying my salary when I was waiting for that next job, he said no.

He never even read my resume.because he never even knew I had 15 years of design and review experience. If this is the way he reads resumes, I'd hate to see how he reads plans.

Of course, he says their are no associates or principals in the firm, which means there are no advancement opportunities whatsoever. He also says Coffman pays the lowest in the industry.

The interviewer sounded like he wanted his engineers to be members of a Jim Jones cult because he wants them to drink the Kool-Aid.

The entire interview was a personal attack for an hour. Run from this company.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave California in 2009?   1 Answer