Cogent Communications Regional Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cogent Communications Regional Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.0

Regional Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cogent Communications in January 2017.

Interview

1. Speak to Company Recruiter
2. Go in for in person interview
3. Either come in for a 2nd interview, offered a position, or politely told you are not a fit for the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cogent Communications

Regional Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Houston, TX).

Interview

Did it over Skype. Nothing too difficult, just asked me about last sales experience. The ladies were very nice and professional. They were based out of the office in Virginia.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Pasadena, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Terrible, Leadership needs to go back to College. They put themselves on a plateau where they think they are better than you. Questions are childish and do not focus on how to obtain goals, they look for a person that can be controlled and subdued, micro managemenet.

Interview Questions

• Too many to list but none were germane to sales only to commute and past experiences not what can and should be done to succeed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Several phone interviews with their head recruiter in DC/Maryland and then met with a gentleman in their New York City branch office, located on Broadway in Bowling Green. Interview wasn't tough, actually WAY TOO easy. He mostly spoke about himself and his experience with the company. Worked their 5 years, recently became a manager (after 2 had left).
    They are in a nice area, right next to the 4,5 express lines which is great but as professional as they push, they were dressed pretty casual. The place was not kept up. Don't really know if it was really worth it.
    Got the interview from an internal referral. Unfortunately, I knew a job there was going to be short-lived. This isn't a career job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you got here? (Meaning in-front of the manager)   Answer Question

Regional Account Manager Interview

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter who let me know that they found my resume online, one that I posted over three years ago and explained that they felt that I would be a good fit for a Regional Account Manager based on my experience.

I then was scheduled to attend a mixer to meet with the recruiters. There were about twenty other candidates present. We were invited into a room with light snacks and beverages and mingled with Management. After we sat through a 30 minute Q&A and from our the quality of our presentation invited for a panel interview.

After the third interview I received a call and was offered the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not very flexible in regards to Salary

Regional Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cogent Communications.

Interview

Hiring and Interview process moves rather quickly. Phone screen interview. Came in the next day for Face to face with the Director and then by end of week got call back. Started that Monday.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected or difficult questions. Typical interview questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure you have a clear understanding on the day to day responsibilities. I was sold something completely different in the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Herndon, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

The manager and HR person asked about my work experience and Why I'd be a good fit for the role. It wasn't very difficult. It was all about building rapport with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit on my team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got $5,000 more than the initial offer though I could have gotten more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Reston, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

I had been referred to the company by a friend and got a phone interview initially. This was basic questions about my resume. Next came two in person interviews. First with hr then with hiring directors.

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Herndon, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, online examination, face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike most about your past work experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Herndon, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

It was a lunch and learn where I sat down with 2 recruiters and 2 current RAM's. It was very easy and a friendly type setting. Overall very easy.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't really any difficult questions during this interview it was very easy.   Answer Question