Cogent Communications Regional Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cogent Communications Regional Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Cogent Communications

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Herndon, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

The manager and HR person asked about my work experience and Why I'd be a good fit for the role. It wasn't very difficult. It was all about building rapport with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit on my team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got $5,000 more than the initial offer though I could have gotten more.

Other Interview Reviews for Cogent Communications

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Pasadena, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Terrible, Leadership needs to go back to College. They put themselves on a plateau where they think they are better than you. Questions are childish and do not focus on how to obtain goals, they look for a person that can be controlled and subdued, micro managemenet.

Interview Questions

• Too many to list but none were germane to sales only to commute and past experiences not what can and should be done to succeed.   Answer Question

Regional Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cogent Communications in January 2017.

Interview

1. Speak to Company Recruiter
    2. Go in for in person interview
    3. Either come in for a 2nd interview, offered a position, or politely told you are not a fit for the company.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

Very short and to the point. They are just looking for individuals who have strong telecom experience and who are hunters who can find leads and move them through the sales process.

You typically have a phone screen with a recruiter, then meet with a sales manger and sales director after that. If they like you then they will each out and make an offer fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

• They like to ask why do you want to be in sales? What is driving you to wake up in the morning, drive to the office and sell our services?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Several phone interviews with their head recruiter in DC/Maryland and then met with a gentleman in their New York City branch office, located on Broadway in Bowling Green. Interview wasn't tough, actually WAY TOO easy. He mostly spoke about himself and his experience with the company. Worked their 5 years, recently became a manager (after 2 had left).
    They are in a nice area, right next to the 4,5 express lines which is great but as professional as they push, they were dressed pretty casual. The place was not kept up. Don't really know if it was really worth it.
    Got the interview from an internal referral. Unfortunately, I knew a job there was going to be short-lived. This isn't a career job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you got here? (Meaning in-front of the manager)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Herndon, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

It was a lunch and learn where I sat down with 2 recruiters and 2 current RAM's. It was very easy and a friendly type setting. Overall very easy.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't really any difficult questions during this interview it was very easy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Reston, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

I had been referred to the company by a friend and got a phone interview initially. This was basic questions about my resume. Next came two in person interviews. First with hr then with hiring directors.

Regional Account Manager Interview

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter who let me know that they found my resume online, one that I posted over three years ago and explained that they felt that I would be a good fit for a Regional Account Manager based on my experience.

I then was scheduled to attend a mixer to meet with the recruiters. There were about twenty other candidates present. We were invited into a room with light snacks and beverages and mingled with Management. After we sat through a 30 minute Q&A and from our the quality of our presentation invited for a panel interview.

After the third interview I received a call and was offered the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not very flexible in regards to Salary

Regional Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cogent Communications in April 2013.

Interview

A recruiter reached out for an interview, set up a call, scheduled a face to face interview, got a job offer the very next day.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were standard as any other sales job interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No degotiable

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cogent Communications (Herndon, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, online examination, face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike most about your past work experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.