Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 7, 2017

3.1

Enterprise Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Typical Interview process. Two separate sessions, one behavioral and one technical. Each was 30 minutes long. Both interviewers I met with were very nice and easy to talk to. I definitely did not have every answer to the technical interview session, but the interviewer worked with me and did not lose his patience.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview involved a general behavioral interview and a case interview on the first round. Second round required travel to their headquarters. Unfortunately, I had previous commitments I could not miss on the main travel date and on the alternative date, so I was unable to go to the final round of interviews.

I should note that throughout the process they heavily emphasized that candidates must be willing to relocate virtually anywhere, and a roughly nomadic lifestyle would be expected during the first few years. It is good that they made that clear, so as to prevent any surprises to potential candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about consolidating the operations of a large health insurance company that has recently acquired two other small companies with different information systems?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter to express interest in working with Cognizant, and phone interviews were scheduled the same week. Additional video conferences at a Cognizant office were completed the following week, and I received a verbal offer within one day and a written offer within two days of the final interview. The recruiting process was efficient and seamless, but the prehire Onboarding process could use some major improvements.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers focused primarily on understanding my process and approach with clients since this is a very process-focused role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Cognizant collects proof of compensation (such as w-2 and recent paystubs) during the interview process, and I asked for less than a 10% increase on base. They offered slightly less than what I asked for on base salary but made it up with the incentive plan. Overall, they made a reasonable and attractive offer.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Boston, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I had only telephone interview one with HR and other with a technical personnel .Both the interview were smooth - No Difficult or Unexpected Questions.I did not have any negotiations.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Boston, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

A bulk hiring was called for. Applicants were distributed based on Technology and Skills.
    I had a 1:1 interview and I was asked questions based on my technology.
    The interviewer followed my resume and asked questions based on that. The Interviewer was knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Asked basic Java Questions   1 Answer

Oracle Developer - Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Portsmouth, NH) in September 2012.

Interview

Simple , regular developers conduct the Interview

Negotiation

They try to hit Rock bottom , be brave to negotiate

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Boston, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview was a breeze. I was already known to the client. So it was a ten to fifteen minute phone conversation before sending the offer.I was working from Offshore for the same team. The client asked some of the ongoing issues in the project and asked how innovative i would suggest solutions to the ongoing issues.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online on Cognizant website for Informatica and got call from recruiter. She explained me everything like what kind of package cognizant offers and what kind job of role it would... What are the benefits offered...
    Once I agreed she scheduled 1st round of technical interview.
    Once I cleared 1st Round I had 2nd round of interview with technical Manager and 2 more Sr.Developers on Skype.

After then I got call back from recruiter that I have cleared the interview and asked me if I am interested in the offer. I accepted the offer.

1st Round of interview was good and interviewer asked to the point questions including few scenario based questions.

During the 2nd Round of interview they asked almost same questions except they added few team management, organizational, as well as some more detailed technical questions on performance tuning.

Negotiation

Was okay not that good not that bad. because recruiter made it clear before even scheduling the interview and hiring process.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Good methodological way of doing the interview,very pleased with staff who made me comfortable, but they they try to buy you in with the green card carrot and heard it would be processed only after 2 years and your H1B or L1 will be screwed by that time

TCS is better

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

First telephonic with HR. Regular HR questions and salary discussion.
    Second one is with hiring manager,based on the resume.
    Third one is with project team technical based on past experience and new job.
    Overall very fast process and easy to pass questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing as such is difficult if your are a genuine candidate.Know your resume well   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes you can negotiate based on your current salary. Expect like a 15 to 20 % hike.
    Leave etc are set at corporate level so not much bargain there.