Cognizant Technology Solutions Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.8

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easy. Technical round was about 40 minutes and a phone interview was about 15 minutes. Technical round explanation about the role and questions relating to it. Phone interview was about my skills and easy questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2017.

Interview

It was really good... First I had Phone interview , then I did have main interview and then HR interview. Mainly Question were Around EMR and EHR. I do not have anything else to say.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online 2.5 months ago via dice. After 2 months an HR recruiter called me and did a brief phone screen where I was asked if I had experience in certain areas and to detail how many years of experience I had with them. They also asked for my current salary. DO NOT LIE ABOUT YOUR CURRENT SALARY! I am really glad I told the truth because they ask for copies of your last two pay stubs.

A week later I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Interview lasted exactly 25 mins, and was a very friendly conversation discussing my past work experience. The manager went on to explain what types of projects I would work on in a very general way. As they will place you with a client after youre hired, they have no idea about the actual position you will work on.

A week after the interview HR called with an offer. I never met anyone in person. The background check was conducted through Hire Right. They called my current manager to verify my employment and only asked the dates I worked, my title, and if I was eligible for re-hire. They asked me for 2 professional references, but those references were never contacted. HR at cognizant has been very helpful and answered any questions I had promptly.

I was given a start date 2 weeks from the date the offer was given. They would not budge on the salary or any other parts of compensation at all.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with offshore development teams? When I said yes, they asked for details on how I interacted with them.

How do you communicate requirements to your offshore development teams?

Tell me about yourself (professional work history)

Do you have experience working with JIRA?

Do you have any experience working with Scrum/Agile teams? When I said yes, they asked for details in how I interacted with dev and qa team members as a BA.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through college job site, interviewed on campus, went to Teaneck, NJ for final round interviews at HQ. Both rounds of interviews consisted of one case interview and one behavioral. As someone without prior BA experience, the senior manager doing my behavioral interview really dug into the details of my other experiences to assess my fit. It was challenging and engaging, but I ultimately didn't get an offer. I requested feedback from HR and was told the recruiter would ask and get back to me. I'm still waiting to hear back.

Took over 3 weeks to get a decision after the final round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview involved a general behavioral interview and a case interview on the first round. Second round required travel to their headquarters. Unfortunately, I had previous commitments I could not miss on the main travel date and on the alternative date, so I was unable to go to the final round of interviews.

I should note that throughout the process they heavily emphasized that candidates must be willing to relocate virtually anywhere, and a roughly nomadic lifestyle would be expected during the first few years. It is good that they made that clear, so as to prevent any surprises to potential candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about consolidating the operations of a large health insurance company that has recently acquired two other small companies with different information systems?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I received an email from Cognizant hiring manager and showed an interest on my background. The first interview is through call with HR manager, and the second interview is with department director after HR manager sends my resume to relevant department.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience of working with customer data?   1 Answer
    • Can you please introduce yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's career network in January.

I was chosen for a first round interview in late February on my school's campus. The interview consisted of walking the interviewer through my resume. We talked through how I solve problems; they want to hear that you break down the problem into different parts to analyze them individually and then analyze the problem as a whole. The interviewer was asking rapid fire questions one after another. She also asked me how many golf balls could fit into an airplane, so brush up on how you would go about solving these types of problems. I didn't think the interview went too well but I got an email the next week inviting me to final round interviews.

The final round interview in Teaneck got pushed back multiple times due to inclement weather. I finally interviewed at their headquarters in late March, over a month later. The interview day consisted of two interviews: one case and one behavioral. Brush up on your case interviews, especially SWOT analysis and estimation questions. There weren't really the typical hard case questions from what I heard.

Everyone at the office was extremely friendly on the interview day. The behavioral interview was just talking about my experiences. This interview started late so I didn't get the full 30 minutes with the interviewer.

The case interview was a little frustrating. He asked me how a pharma company could develop a marketing strategy and sales approach for a new diabetes drug. He was expecting me to walk him through a SWOT analysis and seemed annoyed at the approach I took. We stopped the case after a little while and just talked about problem solving. I didn't think this interview went well at all.

A month later I heard back from one of the managers that I was getting an offer. I received the official phone call later that week and the official letter the same day as the phone call.

I chose another firm because of location and compensation. Overall I thought the process took a little too long and was very drawn out, but the atmosphere at the firm seemed great and I liked everyone.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview - simple and quick
    In-person interview with several clients to get an overview of your skills
    Be willing to relocate to client location as required
    Interviewed for Business Analyst and Business Systems Analyst roles

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Mainly Domain Specific questions were asked. Apart from these the important sections of the business req document were discussed.
    The interview lasted about an hour where previous projects were discussed and the challenges faced in the previous projects.

Location constraint

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

It was through referral. They interviewed for a position so all the questions were more inclined towards what I can do rather then what I have done in the past. They took 3-4 rounds of interviews and it was all smooth. The HR bargaining for compensation is really hard.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions
      Eduction Background