Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2016

2.7

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

2 Rounds of technical interviews.

First was kind of a screening round. Basic questions from java and other concepts like hibernate, cassandra, and SPRING

Second round was done by a panel of 2-3 people with a huge set of questions from the java/Spring/Hibernate concepts. They sounded to be very knowledgeable and they drilled each and every concept of java. One question after the other and the interview lasted for around an hour and a half.

One of the toughest that I attended.

Interview Questions

• Started with abstraction and encapsulation, collections, synchronization, serialization, threads, spring concepts, hibernate, etc   1 Answer

Module Lead - BI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The position was for a Microsoft BI lead role for a banking client in US

First round: Interview from the Cognizant technical team on SSIS (SQL Server Integration Service). The questions where on how SCD, lookup, split transformations. Also, had questions on SQL Server triggers, procedures and functions.

Second Round: Interview from the Banking client. Questions were more on the database and data warehouse concepts. Also interview was focused on optimization and ways to handle large databases.

The interview process took around 3 to 4 weeks including the background verification and drug test (it varies based on the client)

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL).

Interview

group discussion, 2 interviews, phone screening; Overall not too difficult but prepare technical stuff well. Focus on past employment and reasons for quitting current job. The interview was quite some year back so things might have changed now. Some brain teasers would be asked

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone - Behavioral
    First Round - 1 Behavioral and 1 Case
    Final Round - 1 Behavioral and 1 Case

Somewhat unorganized process to which I attributed their high growth in terms of hiring in the consulting arm. Everyone I met was positive, intelligent and seemed like people I would want to work with. Case interviews were more general than specific.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you would look at in terms of Supply Chain Operations if a small cap firm wanted to potentially double its sales in the near future.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview - simple and quick
    In-person interview with several clients to get an overview of your skills
    Be willing to relocate to client location as required
    Interviewed for Business Analyst and Business Systems Analyst roles

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Typically 2 or 3 rounds of interview mostly over the phone. First 2 interviews would be from the hiring team and it can technical. Most times there would also be a client interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL).

Interview

3 interviews with various level managers

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

On campus interview followed by an interview in a Chicago office. However, this is not the office one would be working in - It seemed as though they used the office space only for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Standard Behavioral Question: One time you showed leadership.   1 Answer

I wasn't really interested in a QA position because it mostly entailed throwing bricks at a program/application until it failed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had an on campus interview (northeast MBA program) first that consisted of one behavioral interview and one case interview. Standard behavioral interview questions were asked e.g. tell me about a time when you faced difficulty working in a team? The case interview was not a written case but one that was tailored towards my background. The case was not number heavy at all.

Second round they flew me out to Chicago and was an entire day of interviews. I had two behavioral and one case. Behavioral interviews were standard and very conversational. During the case interview I got to choose one from a five different cases. I chose a pharmaceutical drug market entry case.

Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Easy and realistic. No dumb questions, they will recruit people what they are really in need for. The real people recruit only real people. This is good and people definitely recruit only what they need.

Interview Questions

• There are lot related to your realtime experience not technical.   1 Answer