Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

2 Rounds of technical interviews.

First was kind of a screening round. Basic questions from java and other concepts like hibernate, cassandra, and SPRING

Second round was done by a panel of 2-3 people with a huge set of questions from the java/Spring/Hibernate concepts. They sounded to be very knowledgeable and they drilled each and every concept of java. One question after the other and the interview lasted for around an hour and a half.

One of the toughest that I attended.

Interview Questions

• Started with abstraction and encapsulation, collections, synchronization, serialization, threads, spring concepts, hibernate, etc   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had an on campus interview (northeast MBA program) first that consisted of one behavioral interview and one case interview. Standard behavioral interview questions were asked e.g. tell me about a time when you faced difficulty working in a team? The case interview was not a written case but one that was tailored towards my background. The case was not number heavy at all.

Second round they flew me out to Chicago and was an entire day of interviews. I had two behavioral and one case. Behavioral interviews were standard and very conversational. During the case interview I got to choose one from a five different cases. I chose a pharmaceutical drug market entry case.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

The hiring process started with on-campus recruiting and an initial on-campus round of interviews. The first interview was 45 minutes, behavioral. The interviewer was very friendly and engaging and we ended up talking a lot about non-consulting related things. Next was a 45 minute case interview on a project that Cognizant recently deployed. The interviewer for this was okay and the overall experience was pleasant. About two weeks later, I got an invitation to interview in Chicago. Cognizant flew me out to Chicago, paid for the flight and board, and I had two more interviews similar to first round. The logistics of setting up the second round interviews were a little bit odd, the company sent all of the interviewees the actual invoice for all of the flight and accommodations which were difficult to understand. In addition, for my actual interviews, the second interview was a second behavioral instead of a case interview. The interviewers did not seem prepared and the second one did not have very many new questions to ask me.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are at a company that wants to use social media to improve its business processes, explain how you could use social media to do this.   Answer Question

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Came across recruiter at a job fair at my University. Got a first round interview a few weeks later on campus with a recruiter. Got a second round notice to Chicago for on-site interview(all transportation, hotel included, in addition to a $30 allowance for dinner). Went to their office on a Thursday morning for 3 rounds of one on one interview.

First was technical. Second Behavioral. Third with the original recruiter.

Nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to comply with a rule you didn't agree with   Answer Question

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Deerfield, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

on phone. they asked me " can you list responsibilites of technical project management ?"