Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.7

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Easy and realistic. No dumb questions, they will recruit people what they are really in need for. The real people recruit only real people. This is good and people definitely recruit only what they need.

Interview Questions

• There are lot related to your realtime experience not technical.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

2 Rounds of technical interviews.

First was kind of a screening round. Basic questions from java and other concepts like hibernate, cassandra, and SPRING

Second round was done by a panel of 2-3 people with a huge set of questions from the java/Spring/Hibernate concepts. They sounded to be very knowledgeable and they drilled each and every concept of java. One question after the other and the interview lasted for around an hour and a half.

One of the toughest that I attended.

Interview Questions

• Started with abstraction and encapsulation, collections, synchronization, serialization, threads, spring concepts, hibernate, etc   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and scheduled technical interview. Interview for a position in Charlotte was good but at the end of interview, interviewer told me that I don't fit in their technical requirement. Recruiter arranged second interview for me. This was again phone, and I successfully answered all technical and functional questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was aware of the structure of organisation so I did not negotiate on the position of my joining. That impacted my salary as they have strict position to salary mapping

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Took 3 weeks in total.
    First round phone call with Recruiter, this was about 20 minutes. Second, Technical Interview with Hiring Manager (or Team member). Technical interview with Client SME. Then offer in 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA - General Technical and Behavioral questions. No surprises, brain teasers or stress interview   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

The process was simple and straightforward. The HR was well co-ordinated, made the process smooth. The domain knowledge was tested and interviewed.The process was simple and straightforward. The HR was well co-ordinated, made the process smooth. The domain knowledge was tested and interviewed.The process was simple and straightforward. The HR was well co-ordinated, made the process smooth. The domain knowledge was tested and interviewed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Gurnee, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and had a quick phone screen where I was asked basic questions about what my expectations of my job would be and whether I would be willing to relocate for the position. I was then scheduled for an in person interview in Chicago. In Chicago all the applicants had two one on one interviews where we were asked various questions both about what our experiences are, what we want from the position, and whether we are able to relocate for it.

Interview Questions

• They asked about various stages of the IT lifecycle and then asked me where I thought I would be a good fit.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no opportunity to negotiate salary or any benefits.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Typically 2 or 3 rounds of interview mostly over the phone. First 2 interviews would be from the hiring team and it can technical. Most times there would also be a client interview

Module Lead - BI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The position was for a Microsoft BI lead role for a banking client in US

First round: Interview from the Cognizant technical team on SSIS (SQL Server Integration Service). The questions where on how SCD, lookup, split transformations. Also, had questions on SQL Server triggers, procedures and functions.

Second Round: Interview from the Banking client. Questions were more on the database and data warehouse concepts. Also interview was focused on optimization and ways to handle large databases.

The interview process took around 3 to 4 weeks including the background verification and drug test (it varies based on the client)

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Face to Face interview. Thorughly done interview talked about all previous jobs experience and technical questions. Was very challenging. Very professional and thorough process. The people were very respective and polite, They were very kind to answer all of my questions. Very pleased with the experience.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Very nice and structures process. Telephonic interview first round was okay. Then in person interview took nearly 3 hours with different set of people from the project team. All of the questions asked were around my resume and experience. Few programming questions related to core Java.