Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.7

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Behaviour based interview and typical questions. Very friendly staff who made me comfortable and were as much as interested in knowing me as selling the company to me. Was a good interview and I did accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you would handle differently on a project that you managed? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Executive Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in February 2008.

Interview

Typical Recruiter Interivew interview. Wanted to understnad how you attrack passive candidates, wanted to learn about your client interface skills.

Interview Questions

• I was bascially hired off the content of my resume and initial presentation. After that, it was a sell job on their end.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me whaI wanted on the first pass. It was easy.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL).

Interview

3 interviews with various level managers

User Experience Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone screen from recruiter, tech leads, PM of an ongoing project etc. Face to face at a work location. Random clarification questions, Clarification on previous employments. Final stage was tricky .. Was not able to negotiate a higher salary, mainly due to the terminology mismatch of the Company Job titles and the Industry

Interview Questions

• Previous Job details, Pay and work load? Why a great fit etc.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Deerfield, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

on phone. they asked me " can you list responsibilites of technical project management ?"

User Experience Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

As long as you have a decent communication skill, you should be okay. I was not challenged by any of the interviews. Many interviewers digress from the job context and you have to guide them back to the core topics of the conversation. In hindsight, I believe that is just because my practice is not 'mature' enough.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers ask standard questions ... again there are quality interviewers who will stress test you with real world challenges and scenario based questions.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

There was a basic phone screen with a recruiter. I then met with the hiring manager and a Human Resources representative. After passing the initial inter view there was a follow up interview with a Senior Manager. Shortly after this I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you failed. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

On campus interview followed by an interview in a Chicago office. However, this is not the office one would be working in - It seemed as though they used the office space only for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Standard Behavioral Question: One time you showed leadership.   1 Answer

I wasn't really interested in a QA position because it mostly entailed throwing bricks at a program/application until it failed.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview - simple and quick
    In-person interview with several clients to get an overview of your skills
    Be willing to relocate to client location as required
    Interviewed for Business Analyst and Business Systems Analyst roles

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Deerfield, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

First the HR called up and spoke to me about which company he is recruiting for, the Job Description and then we negotiated the salary package. Later he said the technical team would call me up to set a date for the tech interview. A couple of days later the Tech team called up and set up a date for the tech interview. On the day of interview, they did tech interview for about 1 hour after which they said they would notify the HR. 2 days later the HR notified that I was selected and then sent the offer letter.