Cognizant Technology Solutions Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cognizant Technology Solutions Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

Had 3 rounds of interviews all in one day. 3 different Sr. Manager/Director level people interviewed. Nothing crazy. Basic questions mostly about my previous experience, type of projects I did, what I want to do next. Interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• How would you optimize the supply chain? List down some supply chain use cases for a retailer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

HR called initially and kind of agreed on the salary. Then the account team called. There were couple of internal rounds. Purely technical related to my area. It was followed by Client interview. The whole process took only a week

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.
    Phone interview with. Went over position requirements and my experience as a consultant. Two in person interviews one case and one behavioral.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

Just Telephonic followed by Client interview I was asked generic question some around domain and some around previous/ current work experience. Nothing there difficult to be handled. The HR guys are tough negotiator. If you getting into an old account then mostly salary negotiation will be cut throat. One good thing is no false promise, atleast to me. This is an organized body shop .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Syracuse, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a good interview but I think I was too nervous. They asked a lot of behavioral questions. I didn't make it past the first interview but it was definitely a learning experience on future interviews.

Consultant Interview

Interview

For experienced Candidates, Resumes are screened and then Technical Discussion takes place. If the Technical Phase is clear, then HR discussions start which include Salary & Designations. For Freshers, it is up to the Management & HR department to decide on what basis they would like to select a candidate.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Took 7 months of time and multiple follow ups to convert first communication into an offer.
    Hired at the starting level (Business Analyst) even after 4 years of experience
    Had a very tough time following up and getting a response, few folks were not responsive at all

Interview Questions

• Lot of discussions went on tangent and failed to understand what relevance those had in the selection process   Answer Question

Negotiation

No I was not able to negotiate at all

Consultant Interview

Interview

Very easy and interview based on prev experience.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

Campus Hire. Company second on my list of preferences. Very generic interview. At this point, company is looking at your presentation skills. A few finance questions.

Negotiation

If you're good, this company will wait for you to come back to it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

The HR coordinator are really good in scheduling the interviews as per the convenience and availability but the panel is not really competent enough to take the interviews.

The fun starts now, the scheduled calls were cancelled 4 times saying that the panel was not available. And finally when it happened, I am not sure if I want to take it up.
    My first interview was ok, I believe I answered 80% of what they asked but the panel was always concentrating on one area which they worked on rather than talking about my expertise.

The second panel was really inexperienced(maybe 2-3 years exp and I was close to 10 years) very arrogant, cut short the interview duration for 10 minutes saying that they got what they needed and asked very ambiguous and irrelevant questions. They really did not even understand what I was saying and never gave a chance to speak.

I am not sure if I would get the offer, but please do think twice before getting into such unethical work culture. I wouldn't want to rate it based just on one interview experience, but I think it is a misrepresentation of any organization.

Interview Questions

• Always concentrated on what they worked on rather than going through my resume and understand my expertise.   Answer Question