Cognizant Technology Solutions Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 1, 2017

3.5

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

3 rounds, tele phonic, Skype, in person, related to job, negation on salary, not much to disucss on salary part, its predefined, but saalart wont increase afterwords, 3 rounds, tele phonic, Skype, in person, related to job, negation on salary, not much to disucss on salary part, its predefined, but saalart wont increase afterwords

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Tough.
    Not easy to get in as Director. The process is more around your previous experience in generating revenue, leadership and client engagements. Depending on your role - some questions may change.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a very smooth process and personable experience. Immediately after first round of in person interview, Cognizant scheduled and paid for a trip to meet with Business Unit head for final round of interview.

Interview Questions

• what experience or personal trait of yours will help you succeed in this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Orange, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (East Orange, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Arrangements for the assessment day clunky and troublesome - even with primarily US management, basically still an Indian-content company with all its warts. Group assessment with individual interviews then a group problem solving exercise with leadership in the project management team observing.

Interview questions basic and experiential, exercise the largest weight competitive. Tip: arrive early and get to met your group.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Began with initial phone screen on my background, skills, focus areas, and then discussed the company's vision for the future. Was then set up with different cross-functional leaders from various relevant practices to run through real-time case studies. Once approved, went through the usual background checks (employment, education, previous salary history, personal references, etc.), and had a written offer. All very smooth and well-managed. The whole team was extremely talented and good to speak with, and on-boarding was also very well done.

Interview Questions

• How would you deliver a digital strategy engagement?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenixville, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Phoenixville, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

Disorganized, Great recruiter who was tight and very good to deal with.
    Department was chaos and without a good person to evaluate me and I heard some colorful language which was unprofessional

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ).

Interview

One phone interview with hiring manager. He was in transit on a Bluetooth and kept cutting off - very disrupting. The next interview was held via videoconference. I went to Teaneck and met with hiring manager on Cognizant's video conference system (Tandberg). Received offer very soon after that. He talked quite a bit and didn't give me an opportunity to share my opinions or thoughts. I wanted to be able to tell him how I would handle the project.

Interview Questions

• Hiring Manager explained that I would be taking over for someone else who had developed the project and explained my responsibilities as though they were in place. When I asked for details he replied that they actually hadn't done any of it yet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't be too quick to accept their first salary offer. There is room for negotiation in salary but not bonus or vacation.

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview was a phone screen followed by in person interviews in Teaneck. During the process I met with the head of the practice overall as well as the head of my particular area of specialization. Overall positive but surprised after the interview at how dysfunctional parts of the organization turned out to be.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or unexpected but depends on who you speak with and your experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation available they were pretty solid in their offer and what they would negotiate on.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

phone interview with HR - provided a good overview of the role and the organization. Asked standard HR questions about experience, why I would fit into the role, how i would make a difference etc. asked for and was provided feedback on my candidature and the process.

met with hiring manager for lunch after almost 2 weeks. in addition to questions on experience and how they are relevant the current role was also provided some client situations and asked how i would deal with them (ranged from escalations about delivery to driving growth etc.)..engaged discussion - was allowed to ask questions to clarify and then provide my responses.

Interview Questions

• What in your experience so far has best prepared you for the current role?
      Tell me about an experience where you truly didn't achieve an outcome that you were driving in a project? How did you react? How did you take that learning into other assignments?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Interviewers were hands-on and practical. Not much BS. All through video conference. Mainly behavioral questions, they also shared what they are working on and asked what I would do about it.

Interview Questions

• How much did you make in the past 3 years?   1 Answer

Didn't get a good feeling after ruthless negotiations over pennies.