Cognizant Technology Solutions Engineer Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 30, 2017

2.5

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

Aptitude Test
GD Round
PI Round
3 months training via a Third party consultancy and then a final round of Interview by Cognizant.
Mostly Prepare what's written in the resume and be well versed with the basics of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about myself and why I need the Job, also the Basics which I provided in my resume , Interview was quite smooth   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Trainee Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

Through campus Recruitment and off campus drives. There are many more mode of hiring process viz. Employee referral and Weekend recruitment drives.There are mostly five rounds of interviews are conducted which includes communication skill ( verbal and non-verbal), Aptitude test , quantitative test, Personnel interview and HR Round. Background verification is also done for the experienced ones.

Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Pune (India)).

Interview

Campus Recruitment through MIT-Placement Cell. Standard procedure of written test, followed by one-on-one interview with a recruiter from different companies (two in my case). Recruiter interview is only possible if score in written test is higher than a certain threshold.

Interview Questions

• 1) Computer Networking
      2) Favourite Subjects during undergraduate
      3) Choice of programming application   Answer Question

Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was very smooth. I was selected on the basis of amcat score.
    1.First was a GD round.
    2.Then there was a technical interview , which was not at all technical.Very basic personal questions were asked.
    3.It was a communication round, had to speak on a topic selected randomly.
    4.Last was the HR round.Very basic HR questions were asked.

Trainee Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

Had got directly to the F2F interview, becuase of academic records. And the questions were damn simple.Anyone can clear it easily. One just needs to be confident in the way you present yourself.

Interview Questions

• Ver basic questions from your stream. And for some ppl they asked only their background details and selected   Answer Question

Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied thru amcat.I attended the interview in Cognizant Bangalore location.Initially there was communication round for about 5-7 minutes.Firstly hr asked to give a self introduction later she asked me to speak about the movie i like ,then she asked 3 strenghts and weekness after tat she asked me to speak about the topic friendship for 2 minutes.Tatsal about communication round.All u need is to be confident.
    Next round was technical hr, questions were based on wat u have mentioned in ur resume.He asked me about project i did,diff between c n c++,write a program to reverse an array,what are servelets and few java basics
    Last was hr round,there questions based on company like who s the founder of cognizant,where s the headquarters of cognizant,Y cognizant thats all.

Engineering Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2016.

Interview

Really disappointed with the way the recruiters treated some of the applicants including me.I had all the documents required save for my 7th sem marksheet.The way they responded when I told them about it was ridiculous.Didn't even got a chance to explain.Never going to apply there again.

Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through College/University and I am from cse background.
    First round:Online aptitude test.If you practice rk agarwal,then it will be quite easy to crack.
    Second round: Technical Interview.He was very friendly and asked me in which prog. language i was comfortable among c,c++ and java.I told c and he asked basics about c.then he asked about my fav subject which i said DBMS and he asked to create a database for library mngt system and write down a few queries he asked for.That's it my interview was done.
    Third round:HR Interview: She was friendly and checking whether i can speak in english comfortably or not.

Engineer Trainees Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chandigarh (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a online test conducted by amcat then after shortlisted for next round that was technical interview if you clear this you are in. Questioning was easy related to c cpp java dbms and after that hr round just for relocation and any problem
    All rounds were easy to medium level. Just focus on aptitude as it's first basic step

Interview Questions

• Wap for string reverse?
      Basic dbms and c and Java question   1 Answer

Trainee Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through AMCAT, process took 1 day initially they mentioned designation as above but while interviewing, the interviewer started by saying this drive is for Service desk. I was in dilemma.

Interview Questions

• He did not even ask programming related, simply asked about networking basics and said you may go now!!   1 Answer