Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4,759 Interview Reviews

2.8

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (New York, NY).

Interview

There was single technical interview round. The focus was mainly on projects and on programming languages. There were some questions on database management. The interviewers main focus was on internet of things project.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

1. Written Test
    2. HR discussion
    (Campus placement)

Totally around 1000 students attended from my college, out of which 700 selected for the next round. And final round held on a consecutive day. The results were announced in the evening.

Help Desk Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Went to Cognizant after being called for a help desk team lead position. The first interviewer didn't even know what position I had come in for. After coming to the interview unprepared and staring at my resume for 20 minutes while realizing I wasn't there for a help desk position, he left and had another person come in to continue the interview.

I'm not sure if this guy had a bone to pick or was trying to prove his knowledge, but he entered with no greeting and went right into a project-related question that any help desk rep or leader would never know. Though he used a few diagrams on the spot to find out how I would work in specific situations, his mindset was very "corporate" and you could tell this company did not care about people as much as it did numbers. I was offered a help desk position "trial period" to see if I would go to a higher position later on but denied.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • You have 3 groups of people: Self-starters, people that need to be taught and people that are not motivated. Which groups would you hire?   1 Answer
    • What metrics did you use in your time as lead?   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

Computerised Test followed by Technical and HR interview. Since it was Campus recruting, so hundreds of people had given tests, and it takes a couple of days to select people based on test

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join this company? Why change your branch from Mechanical to IT?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

There was a two rounds of technical round over the phone and a call with the HR to discuss the compensation followed by client interview, The whole process was in completed in 2 weeks time frame.

Interview Questions

• Why we should hire you and what value you can add to the company   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

I first received call from the HR who scheduled a technical interview with Project manager and technical lead. They were interested more in the work their client wanted to get done from them and whether I had experience on it.

Interview Questions

• How I created test automation framework for my current project?
      How did I made the test suite data driven?   Answer Question

SAP Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

The interview went well and the panel was looking at SAP knowledge. They were talking about all the various projects i worked and detail the SAP process flows. It was a healthy discussion

Interview Questions

• About experience of working in Brazil implementation.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

First round was with practitioners who were not in the area I had applied for. Got an email a few days later saying I made it to the final round. Recruiter didn’t send logistics (when to meet, schedule, etc.) until the day before. Interview didn’t go as well, and it threw me off when one of the interviewers told me the best thing about his job was the job security.

Took them one month to let me know I was waitlisted, then another 2 months to finally ding me, after constantly following up. By that point, I had already given up and lost desire to work for a firm with such incompetence and ineptitude in making decisions.

Administrative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Roseville, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Most unprofessional interview experience ever. They use Google Hangouts.......total text messaging......she wouldn't even agree to a video conference. No human voice interaction at all. Everything done through Hangouts text messaging.

Interview Questions

• The most ridiculous question was...What I expected to do in the first 30 days there? (I'd be hired as a trainee! I'd be training I hope!) There were a total of 17 questions.......all having to be answered in a text messaging box. Unbelievable! I answered all questions and then waited for 15 min. for someone to come back to the chat message box. I ended this waste of time at that point. Just to be clear......... I had attached my resume and references in the Hangout invite (which I had to initiate........isn't that THEIR to-do?) So, they had my information, but yet chose to go through this circus of an interview. Shameful......Cognizant........I thought you were more professional than that!!!   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I received an email to go on google hangouts on a Saturday. I scheduled for a Tuesday, They asked 15 questions one question which was a RED FLAG, was " What BANK do you bank with and how long you were with that bank? so we can see if it TALLY with our payment system. system" Once I declined to answer that question. I then was on for 12 minutes to get the RUDEST RUDEST response. It was poorly written " We dont want you anymores, nor a good candidate.

Interview Questions

• What bank do you bank with and how long. how you want to get paid, direct, wired, transfer or check.   1 Answer
    • Are you okay with working from home, and accepting packages to send and ship back and confidential information.   1 Answer