Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2018
5,559 Interview Reviews

2.7

PAT Interview

Interview

first they undertook a written aptitude test. then they started with technical questions test on paper. from then they started filtering ppl and called up for on side interviews. interview questions were full technical questions.sometimes they had two round of technical. and then HR round will be the final.

Performance Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial Telephonic round (for 15 minutes) followed by skype round for 1 hour. The interviewer will intimate the HR to contact the interviewee based on the outcome of the interview

Interview Questions

• what are the different stages in performance testing   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in April 2011.

Interview

Behavioral interview - 2 rounds

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2010.

Interview

Only telephonic interview and just few basic questions

Interview Questions

• will you relocate   1 Answer
    • describe in brief about your past project   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Brea, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

It was a client interview. 45 minutes of technical stuff. Java / J2EE related questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Had a turnaround time of 2 days. They were pretty hard.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview was detailed asking for experiences on technology front and understanding the ability for problem solving.

Interview Questions

• What is the technical challenge that you had to overcome with stiff dead line?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

They just need techical guys with experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

7 days. No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online on Cognizant website for Informatica and got call from recruiter. She explained me everything like what kind of package cognizant offers and what kind job of role it would... What are the benefits offered...
    Once I agreed she scheduled 1st round of technical interview.
    Once I cleared 1st Round I had 2nd round of interview with technical Manager and 2 more Sr.Developers on Skype.

After then I got call back from recruiter that I have cleared the interview and asked me if I am interested in the offer. I accepted the offer.

1st Round of interview was good and interviewer asked to the point questions including few scenario based questions.

During the 2nd Round of interview they asked almost same questions except they added few team management, organizational, as well as some more detailed technical questions on performance tuning.

Negotiation

Was okay not that good not that bad. because recruiter made it clear before even scheduling the interview and hiring process.

Associate Interview

Interview

They usually include interviews with HR, recruitment,
    business and technical Cognizant employees. You can also be asked to do a presentation on an IT related topic.two to three rounds of technical interviews the hr interview.If you complete all of these rounds with positive results, you will receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• How will you protect your resources from Clients. How will you make sure offshore flaws are not visible to client   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Applied through the regular walk--in interviews.
    The company, at least in 2010, was in a heavy growth mode. They have been outstripping the competition anyways. So they were looking for a lot of new people, especially those with big company names on their resume (to brag about it). That worked in my favor.
    Interview was mostly normal - usual Java related questions for area. Had one tech round and one HR round. Nothing extra-ordinary there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move from your <big-name-IT-company> to Cognizant?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation (had a particular weakness in my case, so couldn't press). Got joining bonus but no salary hike.