Cognizant Technology Solutions Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cognizant Technology Solutions Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.9

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

The process was completed through campus recruiting. Following an information session we had two rounds of behavioral interviews followed by an offer. Offer included signing bonus and cost of living allocation.

Interview Questions

Each time you get a new project you have to move cities.

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Winston-Salem, NC).

Interview

Interview had 1 round of technical question on skype. Very basic questions, no difficulty at all.
    initial HR telephonic discussion. then 1 round of skype technical round. Then salary HR discussions.
    very less bargain in terms of salary.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in July 2016.

Interview

Got a call from CTS saying that I will be having technical screening on one of the technology . Skype Interview was schedule for next day. Samik Balial was the person who called me from India. This guy asked me questions related to technology they initially told, which I answered well and there was one question where the question itself is wrong which I corrected him. Slowly he started moving to other topics which are not related to what they wanted for and which they didn't told me will be part of the interview. I didn't answered some questions but for the ones which answered correctly (I checked my answers after the interview), he was not ready to agree. He was so indecent and doesn't know on how to behave in an interview. CTS should start training their interviewers on how to conduct or behave during an interview. Being an interviewer doesn't mean he/she knows everything and I don't think Samik Balial knows everything, especially courtesy.

Interview Questions

• Questions from different data warehousing technologies and concepts.   Answer Question

Seniore Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Good, took one week time after the first round.Total 2 rounds of technical and one HR discussion.
    First technical discussion went for around 45 mins and second round went for around 90 mins on skype.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in April 2016.

Interview

Very smooth interview. Had 2 rounds. Mostly technical. Loved the knowledge of the guy who interviewed me. I was asked about my current role and responsibilities. Questions were also asked on SSIS, SQL, SSRS.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a little interesting and novel to me.
    Cognizant: Applied for a position via LinkedIn and got a phone screening from HR the next week. Just basic HR questions. Then a phone interview with the Director, where he asked about my background and technical skills. He stated that there will be multiple interviews with the client for the position, and prepped me a little bit on it. It was useful.

Client: 2 Phone interviews with the hiring managers. Then onsite interview with more members of the team.

Interview Questions

• There are 1,000 coins in a jar. 999 are fair coins, and 1 is double-headed. If I pick a coin and flipped 10x and they are all head, what is the probability that it is a fair coin?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Madison, WI).

Interview

Interviewer just called during his lunch hour and keep on telling i am hungry please give me answer very short as he wanted. One of the worst interview i have attended in my 10 years of IT Career. No one scheduled any time for the interview They just called randomly and asked me to ready for the interview and went ahead with the interview.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were basic and didn't buy my answer. Interviewer just need 1 line answer as he expected. Very worst interview experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Denver, CO).

Interview

Interview was conducted over the telephone. It has a technical round and then had a discussion with the manager before discussing the employment details with the HR. Technical round was pretty basic and it involved questions related to the work I was doing. The disucssion with the manager was more related to the role I was expected to play in the project. HR discussion was related to the salary expectation and location constraint.

Senior Associate - Projects Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in June 2015.

Interview

They call first to discuss salary and location. Then a technical Interview is scheduled by the project team who is in search of a resource. Tech interview goes for 1.5 to 2 hours. Then there is HR interview.

Interview Questions

• How does Java Spring JDBC work
      Technical details of Struts 2
      Difference between RESTful web services and SOAP based web services.
      Diff. between layer and tier.
      How does firewalls work.
      Types of http authentication.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in April 2015.

Interview

At first HR will call and ask about the Exception of your Salary, H1 status. After that they will have Cognizant Interview in Skype. If we clear it then there will be Client Interview.