Cognizant Technology Solutions Test Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cognizant Technology Solutions Test Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

It was easy. There was a group of people to ask you tech and personality questions. They ask about basic IT knowledge. Database, Networking, Project Management, etc. Then they give you a call the next few days if you are interested. They give you free food and stuff. Really try to sell you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Hartford, CT) in May 2013.

Interview

interview was easy not that difficult . General questions about process and stuffs . They were just trying to understand how i will fit in to their culture .

Interview Questions

• Automation frame works and tools used .   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

I received an email that they wanted me to go for an interview in Teaneck. They would provide a car service, flight and hotel for that night. Interview was about 2 weeks after the email.

The hotel was right next to the office, so I walked right over in the morning. There was 3 other candidates, and 2 more coming later that day. All the candidates were referrals. Started off with some light breakfast and a brief introduction from the manager. We were given some fact sheets to look over. After we were split into rooms, where we met with a Technical interviewer and a Behavioral interviewer. My technical interviewer didn't ask me much technical questions, which reviewed what I knew from my resume. He was mostly trying to see my thought process, and how I demonstrated any leadership or teamwork skills. I heard other candidates were asked some technical questions though. The behavioral interviewer read off a sheet of questions. Typical behavioral questions. Name a time where you had a bad teammate and how you handle it. Strangely, the interviewer was only writing one word responses on the sheet. After finishing, we applied once more to the position on a laptop. I was given a departing gift. I was finished by 10:30AM, so I got to leave early.

I heard back just 3 days after, that I didn't receive the job because there were better candidates that suited the position. I was confused because the manager said it was possible that we would all get hired. My technical interviewer also indicated that I would do great in this position, since I was a CE major, while there was a biomedical, EE, and IS major there.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with SDLC?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Stony Brook, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

I did not get too far in the process, but it began with a presentation by 5 representatives of the company. They gave an overview of the company and explained their personal experiences with it. The next day was a one on one interview with all selected candidates. From what I saw, most people took about 20 minutes for the interview. Mine took 40 minutes. I was able to speak very candidly with the interviewer. I was asked about my past experiences, what my goals for the future were.

He asked me for an example of a time when I had to deal with difficult group members for a project.

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

Hiring and interview process is decent. You meet different people and talk to them and ask questions about your resume and about your future plans. Its good to know in details about the company and their services that they offer.

Interview Questions

• Black Box,White Box testing, Cloud Computing..etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate , was satisfied

Programmer/Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Cyberjaya (Malaysia)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was very short. The interviewer was very detailed on his question. All technical related stuff are asked. The interviewer were senior staff of CTS. There are also phone interview conduct by the HR team

Interview Questions

• What do you know about C++?   1 Answer

Senior Test Analyst(Pega PRPC) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Its very confusing experience to attend interview with cognizant, Hyderabad.
    1. I had an interview one week back with cogni. I reached on time and first round conducted at 12 PM. The interviewer was very happy with my answer and promoted me for the next round.
    2. I cleared the second round and they gave me a HR form to fill up and submit. Along with me one other is there who was selected in second round. He also filled the HR form and After verifying HR form they told him to leave. Then my turn came . They told me that you will get a call within a week from HR. Unfortunately did not get till now. I have sent a mail but till now no reply.

I am having few question regarding the interview process of Cogni.

1. Is it the hiring purpose you people are conducting the interviews or you have another mean to it.
    2. Its the minimum curtsy to inform the candidate by mail if you have any issue to take him(as it is followed by other company like: Infosys).
    3. The time is valuable for both company and candidate. Do you have any right to wasting it in your way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself. Pega Basic, Automation Framework   1 Answer

Senior Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

I got call from some recruitment company. It was drive So many people were there. I reached on time so they took my interview on time.
    1 round all about basic selenium questions
    2 round was managerial round. Related to client questions
    3 Round was HR round.

Interview Questions

• Write java code for sorting.   1 Answer
    • How to handle window in selenium   1 Answer
    • How to read from excel with program   1 Answer

Senior Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

there were total 4 round 2 technical 1 managerial and one HR round in total.
    My both technical rounds were telephonic and i got a call for managerial round and i finally HR round.
    over interview went fine and it is not very hard compare to others.

Interview Questions

• Core java related questions   1 Answer

Test Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

A Technical round in which i was asked from following sections: Testing Concepts, SQL queries,Software life cycle, Bug Life cycle, ETL related queries, Project related questions and Testing activities. And the next round was a personnal interview with HR