Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.7

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview. First Telephonic interview where they asked basic questions based on the resume that I submitted. Second interview was Domain & Technical interview followed by HR interview regarding the compensation and benefits

Interview Questions

• What Technologies you worked on? What tools you used? What are you looking for in a company?   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Torrance, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview Process is very professional and has some difficult question both from client side and Management side, Cleared Though. Start with the basic question and moves with difficult questions

Interview Questions

• Big Data Eco system and Dataframe Architecture involved in the Large Volume Processing   Answer Question

Consultant Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very informal and straight to the point. It was conducted over the phone. Wanted to know technical details of past experience. There was an unscheduled interview over the phone as a follow up, which caught me off guard. Overall, the interviewers were friendly but a very technical.

Interview Questions

• What project management software did you use previously   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First round was on campus and had a behavioral and case component. I was invited to the second round for which I had the choice between going to their NJ office or doing it over Skype. Due to a conflict I chose to do the Skype interview for which the interviewer never showed up. Cognizant did not apologize, but instead said I could interview the next week. However, they failed to set up an interview then. Three weeks later they emailed me saying they could set up an interview for that week. I agreed, but again they did not follow through. After that I withdrew from the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you define leadership?
      What is the difference between leadership and management?
      What is something analytical you did?
      About 8 other behavioral questions. It seemed like everyone is asked the same questions, which were all pretty standard.

The second interview was a case. It was pretty basic and did not involve calculations or secondary information. It had to do with an international expansion strategy.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Gets call from HR for salary and location. HR are not good to handle your case and all the time your request calls goes to their voice mails. sometimes voice mails are full so there is no option to record and store your message.

two-three rounds based on opening

interview was related to technology

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiation is difficult . if they don't like they don't contact again.

If they don't find any resource for that opening one might get a call after a month or two

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I received an email from Cognizant hiring manager and showed an interest on my background. The first interview is through call with HR manager, and the second interview is with department director after HR manager sends my resume to relevant department.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience of working with customer data?   1 Answer
    • Can you please introduce yourself?   1 Answer

Associate - Projects Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

Got a call from one of the senior associate and gave the interview. After a day had the client interview.

Negotiation

Got a call from HR.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Woodland Hills, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

It was a phone interview and the interviewer explained more about the organization, about my role and responsibilities. What was the expectation in term of the assignment, explained about of next steps of the hiring process after the interview and what should I expect

Interview Questions

• Why are you the right person for this job position?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

The whole process took 3 weeks, two rounds of interview and got the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, they give as per cognizant standards

Principal Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

30 Minute Interview with the HR Recruiter, referred to an Administration person to coordinate further interviews.

1st scheduled interview rescheduled. Next interview was set up with a different person, and finally I was provided with a further person for the interview. This last interview was postponed at the last minute twice and finally I was called without prearrangement by a practice lead who I can only describe as being extremely hostile.

It was clear two minutes into the call that he had some definite ideas on who he was looking for and I was not it. I asked a question and was told "just answer my questions".

We spent the next 15 minutes in difficult discussion - him asking for deep details of my current employers methodologies, current projects and other details that I was not comfortable sharing with a potential competitor. He also started asking for deep technology details, which ended up with us discussing disk subsystems (at cache schema level), while he continually mentioned that I was not answering with a deep enough level of detail.

Interview Questions

• Describe your methodology for deciding on either a build or a customized solution.   Answer Question