Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Got an email and was told we'd be communicating on GOOGLE HANGOUTS. I was given instructions every morning for that day which ended up being a lot to do in a short amount of time. If I was given an initial heads up I could have better organized my days,

Interview Questions

• "What kind of Work have I done and am I familiar with from past jobs. What makes me a special employee, what specific duties and programs am I proficient in and have I served in the military etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

Short and super rushed conversation with HR. Cut me off multiple times when trying to answer the questions THEY asked. Could barely understand they were talking so fast and jittery. I remained calm and tried to answer concisely. Asked me if I could talk a technical recruiter. Said yes. I asked when. They asked when I was available. Gave availability for the next few days. Never called back. Then calls one morning a week later and asks if I can do a web conference in two hours. I said yes. They said would send email. It never came. I had an appointment so I headed to that. They call on my way in saying they meant their time zone and the conference was NOW. (Still no email.) Said I couldn't do it - asked me to do it in 30 minutes. I rescheduled my appointment and headed back. Got home, finally got email, set up my laptop and changed to business attire. Logged into the web conference. Interviewers don’t have a webcam so it becomes a phone conversation. Interviewers go through the job description....it was for a tech support technician in another state. Not what I applied for. Not even close to my skill set. Unorganized, waste of time. Not sure if this is normal but it surely didn’t give me a warm fuzzy about Cognizant.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easy. Technical round was about 40 minutes and a phone interview was about 15 minutes. Technical round explanation about the role and questions relating to it. Phone interview was about my skills and easy questions.

Quality Engineering and Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Newark, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Part of a campus career recruitment. I submitted my resume to the system and was chosen by Cognizant for an interview. I was given a date for the interview. A day before, there was an info session for people who were chosen.

The interview was split into two, one for technical and the other for behavioral. 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• -Why Cognizant
      -Have you ever dealt with a difficult team member
      -Are you willing to relocate

-C++ questions, stacks, queues, classes
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Was asked to code a challenging problem involving Graphs, Trees and Stacks. Was also asked to provide runtime complexity of code and spatial complexity. Followed up by basic HR questions.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (New York, NY).

Interview

two rounds of Technical interview and one round of HR discussion, then thy will demand for compensation, More detailed technical rounds from the basic level to advanced level of questions

Interview Questions

• They will ask about what you have mentioned in your resume and in depth questions   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (New York, NY).

Interview

Technical round will be far checking the basic knowledge in the technology and their work oriented understanding. The person should have good communication skill and good presence of mind. The person should be clear in what they are explaining about them or their work experiences.

Interview Questions

• Explain the work you have done in your current project   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (New York, NY).

Interview

2 part interview process. This began with an in person interview on the college campus. Following there was a group interview in New Jersey. Following the group interview in NJ, there was a one on one interview with a few of the Cognizant personnel.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (New York, NY).

Interview

HR schedule interview with the team and given the interview. HR responded after a month. A total of 2+months it took between my interview and DOJ. Interview difficult level was average. Received offer letter and joined company as Cognizant has very good reputation in USA.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Two interviews; a behavioral and case interview. You were in a waiting room with various applicants. They paid for the flight which was nice. During the case interview, the guy was unclear and became visibly annoyed when I asked questions to understand the direction he was going towards.