Cognizant Technology Solutions Programmer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cognizant Technology Solutions Programmer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 9, 2017

2.6

593 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Bronx, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

In the case of the Application Value Management division, a group of AVM managers will interview a group of potential employees. After that there is an individual group interview between 3 managers and a single candidate.

Interview Questions

• If a coworker I was working with was under-performing, what should I do to keep the project moving forward?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

Pretty easy. The interviewer was really nice and since I only graduated then from college, he was less strict and focussed mainly on questions related to IQ and standard data structure.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

Interview process was good. Had a pretty open discussion with the interviewer. Developed a very good rapport. Basic programming and aptitude knowledge was tested. Behavioral questions were covered too.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

Got an interview through campus recruiting event. Process comprised an aptitude test followed by an interview. The aptitude test covered basics of math, logic and English and was quite easy. Aptitude test was used to shortlist candidates for the interviews.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

Excellent process. The process is designed to check candidates fit, behavioral and analytical capability. Talked to colleagues or friends to know more about the culture. The interviewer were friendly and it is okay to ask them questions if you are not clear about certain terms.

Interview Questions

• Assume you are working in a numerical system that has base as 7. (Decimal system has base as 10). Can you get a reminder as 8 in any division.   Answer Question
    • What is the principle of working of a electric fan?   Answer Question
    • Some puzzles from Sakuntala Devi book.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

First round was an Aptitude test
    The normal aptitude test which you will get in India, if you prepare few aptitude books you will clear this for sure. But at times, the thing is most ppl r selected randomly from this round. so its bit of luck is also necessary to get into the second round.

Second round was Technical cum HR round
    The HR's will have a set of questions printed and they will be asking a lot from that. You will be asked questions from your major or areas of interest or any OOPS concept.
    Btr prepare for the worst.

It was a on campus recruitment, everything went smooth.

Application

Interview

It was very easy and straight forward. The interviewer was very friendly and amiable. Made sure I was comfortable with the whole process before the interview started. The questions were pretty basic and were related to the bachelors education and the interview was a breeze.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic digital design questions and Datastructures   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Stony Brook, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's job portal and had two consecutive interviews on campus that were roughly 30 minutes each. The first interview was a behavioral interview asking about my background, and the other was slightly more technical asking about DBMS's and methodologies like Agile. Overall it was a fairly simple and friendly process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where your group members were in disagreement with each other.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in India, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (India, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

hired through campus interview through my University. FIrst day is aptitude and followed by technical 1:1 combined HR. They are so friendly that made me to answer relaxly. As I'm a collge student, interview was so easy and asked more about my final year projects.

Interview Questions

• difference between c and c++, projects worked on and simple like that   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Intial round was the aptitude round.There were a couple of puzzles ans quizzes asked too. There were multiple rounds of interviews to check technical capabilities, business domain understanding, cultural fit, presentation skills, oral communication skills.all interviewers seem to be well- prepared with specific set of questions depending on the job requirement. Have a good knowledge on things on your resume. Be confident. Speak about achievements and projects.