Cognizant Technology Solutions Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cognizant Technology Solutions Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Cognizant Technology Solutions

2.9

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2016.

Interview

3 internal rounds followed by client interview, then HR round, which was more of a formality. The whole process took more than 2 months. 3 internal rounds were a great exposure as they asked really good questions.

Interview Questions

• question on experience, business analyst scenario based questions.   Answer Question

Package offered was less than what I expected.

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview process was mainly telephonic. I had two rounds of interview. Questions were mainly asked about my past experience, technology trends, why I wanted to leave my current job, how will I do justice to new role seeing that I come from a non-technology background.

Interview Questions

• Give a brief introduction of what have you done so far.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

Recruited through the campus recruitment process. Had three rounds of interviews all with Senior CBC BFS leaders (Directors and above...). The process comprised of two behavioral interviews and one case interview.

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

Two interviews with recruiters - one external, one internal. Waiting period of about 2 weeks before 3 internal interviews with peer level associates. Two more weeks and a follow-up interview with the same internal recruiter who now demands three years of income verification (W2s or similar) to help with compensation requirements. After the information is shared two interviews with manager and second line manager before an offer is extended.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several questions which stood out 1.) Did I have a problem working for a woman or someone from another country? 2.) What areas of study would I choose if I were to return to a University program, and 3.) How would I handle client escalations and projects at risk?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Campus recruiting made things easy since associates were happy to talk and tell students more about their roles within Cognizant Consulting, which made the entire process friendly. The interview was straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Company A just merged with company B, what are some of the areas you would look into for a successful merger?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

Had four rounds of interviews. Two rounds in the B School and two in Teaneck. Very pleasant experience. The recruitment team is really good and took care of every minor detail.

Interview Questions

• Case interview on application portfolio rationalization.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2014.

Interview

The initial interview was a general conversation followed up with a case analysis. The final interview was about four weeks later, and took place via Skype with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• The questions overall were fairly general - asked about my background, why I wanted an MBA, why I was interested in Cognizant. The case portion was challenging, but I prepped for it and it went fairly well.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied via on campus recruiting. I conducted an on campus interview with two reps from the company, then was flown out to HQ in NJ for two final round interviews. They flew me to NJ at 8am for an interview at 2:30, so I spent the day in the waiting room drinking coffee. There was lunch and breakfast provided, which was nice.

It took a long time for the company to get back to me about an offer (at least two months). They asked if I was still looking, which I was. They said that was good news and that they were looking through remaining open positions to see if I was a match for any of them. Three more weeks later they sent me a form email saying they wouldn't move forward with my candidacy. Clearly, I wasn't their favorite, but the experience was confusing, at best.

Interview Questions

• My case was very strange: I was asked to explain the value of a marketing plan to C-digital-Officer who knew nothing about tech and kept interrupting me. It tested my knowledge and ability to think on my feet.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

First round was with practitioners who were not in the area I had applied for. Got an email a few days later saying I made it to the final round. Recruiter didn’t send logistics (when to meet, schedule, etc.) until the day before. Interview didn’t go as well, and it threw me off when one of the interviewers told me the best thing about his job was the job security.

Took them one month to let me know I was waitlisted, then another 2 months to finally ding me, after constantly following up. By that point, I had already given up and lost desire to work for a firm with such incompetence and ineptitude in making decisions.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Newark, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was 2 rounds, first round virtual behavioral interview. The second round was on-site at one of the HQ offices, two interviews, behavioral and case. The case interview was not as difficult as some case interviews I have done for other companies.