Cognizant Technology Solutions Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cognizant Technology Solutions Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.9

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2016.

Interview

3 internal rounds followed by client interview, then HR round, which was more of a formality. The whole process took more than 2 months. 3 internal rounds were a great exposure as they asked really good questions.

Interview Questions

• question on experience, business analyst scenario based questions.   Answer Question

Package offered was less than what I expected.

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

There were multiple rounds namely HR round, multiple Technical rounds and client interviews.
    Interview process depends on individuals, project and circle requirements.
    I got a call from Staffing agency who forwarded my profile to recruting manager. This was followed by ultiple round of technical interview(I remember there 3 rounds) thereafter there was a HR round on compensation and offer was sent over. I would say it was smooth.

Interview Questions

• Explain how past experiences translate to current job requirement, What methodology project followed, What tools used   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

2 initial rounds
    1st case interview followed by hr interview
    case was straight forward and hr interview was more of a fit
    2nd round has 2 fit+case interviews
    basic market sizing cases
    make sure you prepare well for the case interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

One on campus interview via my MBA and one on site interview. Case interviews related to outsourcing. Also some behavioral stuff. Be sure to know the horizontals and verticals of their business and be able to weave your interest into the role into it.

Interview Questions

• What are the two biggest lessons you learned from your prior experiences   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone - Behavioral
    First Round - 1 Behavioral and 1 Case
    Final Round - 1 Behavioral and 1 Case

Somewhat unorganized process to which I attributed their high growth in terms of hiring in the consulting arm. Everyone I met was positive, intelligent and seemed like people I would want to work with. Case interviews were more general than specific.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you would look at in terms of Supply Chain Operations if a small cap firm wanted to potentially double its sales in the near future.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

It wasn't a great experience. I was told that I have a 30 mins fit/behavioral interview. Instead, it was a case interview and I wasn't prepared for that.
    Also, after the interview I was told that I have another interview with the HR.
    Very bad experience. Please double check before booking an interview.

Interview Questions

• Full length case questions. Not allowed to disclose the question, but it was related to a new product launch.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

My first round interviews were on campus and consisted of a case and behavioral interview. My final round interviews were in Teaneck, NJ and also consisted of a case and behavioral interview. Due to scheduling conflict the order of my interviews in Teaneck were rearranged, but I honestly couldn't tell. The questions that I received in both interviews were so odd that I could not tell them apart. One of my fellow interviewees mentioned that he was even asked to explain the elements of the Black-Scholes Option Pricing model in one of his interviews. The staff were all nice and polite and food was provided. However, certain aspects of the process were uncoordinated and one of the rooms that I interviewed in smelled of OB and I pretty much mailed it in from there. I was not surprised that I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with the software development lifecycle?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First round was on campus and had a behavioral and case component. I was invited to the second round for which I had the choice between going to their NJ office or doing it over Skype. Due to a conflict I chose to do the Skype interview for which the interviewer never showed up. Cognizant did not apologize, but instead said I could interview the next week. However, they failed to set up an interview then. Three weeks later they emailed me saying they could set up an interview for that week. I agreed, but again they did not follow through. After that I withdrew from the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you define leadership?
      What is the difference between leadership and management?
      What is something analytical you did?
      About 8 other behavioral questions. It seemed like everyone is asked the same questions, which were all pretty standard.

The second interview was a case. It was pretty basic and did not involve calculations or secondary information. It had to do with an international expansion strategy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

OCR through top 20 MBA program. 2 rounds, first on campus with a case interview and behavioral, got reply in a week called for second round luckily I got the same interviewer for the 2nd round interview so we just ended up talking about job and processes, I had a feeling that I am already in.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in November 2014.

Interview

The initial interview was a general conversation followed up with a case analysis. The final interview was about four weeks later, and took place via Skype with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• The questions overall were fairly general - asked about my background, why I wanted an MBA, why I was interested in Cognizant. The case portion was challenging, but I prepped for it and it went fairly well.   1 Answer