Cognizant Technology Solutions Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cognizant Technology Solutions Senior Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Cognizant Technology Solutions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (South San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

4 rounds of Interview by Associate Directors and Directors
2 Rounds by VP and Client Partners

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. All questions seemed as usual and as expected for my role.   Answer Question

Salary range offered considering living cost was low. They were trying to bargain just based on my current salary rather than talent. Declined offers 2 times and they still kept me open for more than 2 months for my salary expectation.

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in February 2009.

Interview

Process was well structured, but unbelievably slow. I had to ping them 3 times before they finally got back to me on status.

Interview Questions

• Describe your average strategy engagement, and how you would address the client's issue with a very complex business problem.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

5 rounds of interview with different teams for the projects ,HR, management, client etc
    Skype interview and telephonic interview were done and they take long time to process the visa and immigration formalities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR doesn't consider anything you say

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Hartford, CT) in March 2013.

Interview

2 technical interview, just product knowledge (Guidewire CC )

Each interview was for 30 to 45 minutes.

2 days after I got the offer

the visa was a problem the inmigration team is so slow

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negociate a lot, these guys offer the lower salary

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in January 2010.

Interview

The initial communication happened through a headhunter, who connected to the HR team. HR team had a brief discussion about the current and previous jobs and passed it on to the recruiting manager. The recruiting manager had a detailed interview, followed by a coffee session. Then he wanted to take the opinion of his Senior. Once he was comfortable, the HR team came back in the scene with the detailed salary negotiation. Then they made the offer. I asked for a change of 4%, which they agreed to and thus the process got concluded.

Interview Questions

• Give me one example of a situation when as a manager you were in a difficult spot and managed to come out to it.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

I had 3 rounds of interviews, first one with HR and the following with business owners. They lasted 20-30 min each...

Interview Questions

• I would not classify any question difficult or unexpected, all were related to business and to the role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

Three interviews is pretty standard. It's consulting, so they are hiring to profiles and finding people who are good fits for environment and culture. Two phone interviews and one video interview. Don't try and fake your way through to land a job you are not qualified for. You only hurt yourself and the clients.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, just mix of technical and soft skill dialog.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have salary bands for each title. Will look at your previous W2 to make sure they aren't giving you more than x% from previous job.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter to express interest in working with Cognizant, and phone interviews were scheduled the same week. Additional video conferences at a Cognizant office were completed the following week, and I received a verbal offer within one day and a written offer within two days of the final interview. The recruiting process was efficient and seamless, but the prehire Onboarding process could use some major improvements.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers focused primarily on understanding my process and approach with clients since this is a very process-focused role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Cognizant collects proof of compensation (such as w-2 and recent paystubs) during the interview process, and I asked for less than a 10% increase on base. They offered slightly less than what I asked for on base salary but made it up with the incentive plan. Overall, they made a reasonable and attractive offer.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

Recruiter will reach out to you and keep you informed through the process, but the typical interview process consists of 3 interviews: 2 over the phone and 1 in person.

The interview themselves are largely behavioral and conversational.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can definitely negotiate if they really want you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

Poor and unplanned process. Long drawn out processes with no structure on how to interview and identify the right candidates. I was contacted by HR and set up an initial interview with a director. He was clueless on what the expectations were and how to proceed with the questions. The questions were too technical for consulting and seemed like the interviewer was a technologist who transitioned to consulting. The onsite interview was slightly better, however it left a lot to be desired. The interview was not case specific and were mostly about how you would approach a problem or how do you manage teams etc

Had a better offer from Big 4 consulting firm