Cognizant Technology Solutions Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cognizant Technology Solutions Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

intital technical test
then phone interview
then skype
They asked several questions almost for 50 mins
the panel consisted of 3 people
a lot of technical in depth questions are asked
need to prepare well
went at times outside of resume but managed it somehow

Interview Questions

• some behavioral
    some about past experience
    about http
    about angular js, xml
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ).

Interview

After talking to them at a job fair they flew me out from college to interview. Interviewers seemed uninterested, and there were a ton of other applicants. I got an offer but the process gave me a less than optimal view of the company so I ended up taking an offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you were a leader?
      What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface, when would each be useful?
      Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

I applied for a job opportunity with Cognizant and everything looked like moving very smooth until the interview. They will schedule the interview time and who is going to take the interview. But you will never get a call on time. When you follow up with them, they never pick your call. They will make excuses that they were busy with client meetings and whole lot of things. And reschedule the same interview the next day and it continues for few days until you decide to drop. I mean if you are buying someone's time then you should respect it as well. Everyone is busy. I would never suggest to join such a company who cannot meet their commitment (unless you have a real need to). Unfortunately this has happened to me 2-3 times until when I finally decided to never work for this company. I have inquired about this attitude with lot of my friends and all have the same review.

Interview Questions

• Few technical stuff and then they will end up with the HR will call back.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in April 2014.

Interview

My over the phone interview was very easy. I was looking for something out of college, and was asked three basic high level questions, and was offered a job on the very same call for a position working with a software product in the healthcare realm. After being hired I was required to do a background check, drug test, and an AHM-250 certification. I was trained in the product and put on a project a few months after.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in October 2010.

Interview

Contacted by phone and telephonic interview scheduled. Interview was basic. It varies for each interview. They had an opening to fill immediately so it was a walkthrough. the HR will try to fetch you for dirt cheap. Stick to your reasonable demands.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

war

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chennai (India)).

Interview

We had an AMCAT test in our campus and 2 rounds of interview, Technical and HR. The whole process was fast and organized. As I kew all the things that were present in my resume, everything was easy and simple.

Interview Questions

• C++ questions and my questions based on my projects   1 Answer

I wanted to work in a startup company.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chennai (India)).

Interview

They'll have 3 rounds. Aptitude Test ,TR and HR.Aptitude was fine and in technical round they kept asking me about my courses I did in college,since I was from ece background I could answer those with ease then they checked my coding skills which I already mentioned that i'm not that good.I didn't answer those,interviewer was bit tough though.

Interview Questions

• What are the different kinds of micro processors?Define them.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

Interview

It was very cool.First we had aptitude test. Those who cleared the test were called for interview.In the interview there were two rounds.Technical and HR. Technical was a bit challenging whereas HR was an easy one.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Day 1, Round 1- General Quantitative, English Comprehension and Reasoning
    Day 2, Round 2- Technical
    Day 2, Round 3- HR
    Round 1 is easy.
    Prepare the basics for round 2, revise your projects too.
    Very friendly HR
    Just be confident in your answers.
    Ask for some time if you want to think for a bit before answering.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chennai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

1. The aptitude exam based on AMCAT pattern. Time is marks over here. Have sectional cut off- Quans, verbal, Logical.... there is very less time for quans, so be quick and right.
    2. Technical- its all about your core, your projects and basics of c. It takes around 30 minutes........ 0
    3. HR- around 15 minutes...........

Interview Questions

• 1 Google AMCAT pattern, try preparing those questions, That's more than enough. Remember you have sectional cut off
      2. One must be strong in his core and some basics of programming. ( Mech branch)
      3. Why do you want to work in IT? Are you prepared to move to different cities? What do you expect from the company?
      Answer Question