Cognizant Technology Solutions Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cognizant Technology Solutions Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Cognizant Technology Solutions

2.6

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in April 2014.

Interview

My over the phone interview was very easy. I was looking for something out of college, and was asked three basic high level questions, and was offered a job on the very same call for a position working with a software product in the healthcare realm. After being hired I was required to do a background check, drug test, and an AHM-250 certification. I was trained in the product and put on a project a few months after.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

I applied for a job opportunity with Cognizant and everything looked like moving very smooth until the interview. They will schedule the interview time and who is going to take the interview. But you will never get a call on time. When you follow up with them, they never pick your call. They will make excuses that they were busy with client meetings and whole lot of things. And reschedule the same interview the next day and it continues for few days until you decide to drop. I mean if you are buying someone's time then you should respect it as well. Everyone is busy. I would never suggest to join such a company who cannot meet their commitment (unless you have a real need to). Unfortunately this has happened to me 2-3 times until when I finally decided to never work for this company. I have inquired about this attitude with lot of my friends and all have the same review.

Interview Questions

• Few technical stuff and then they will end up with the HR will call back.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ).

Interview

After talking to them at a job fair they flew me out from college to interview. Interviewers seemed uninterested, and there were a ton of other applicants. I got an offer but the process gave me a less than optimal view of the company so I ended up taking an offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you were a leader?
      What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface, when would each be useful?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in October 2010.

Interview

Contacted by phone and telephonic interview scheduled. Interview was basic. It varies for each interview. They had an opening to fill immediately so it was a walkthrough. the HR will try to fetch you for dirt cheap. Stick to your reasonable demands.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

war

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2018.

Interview

First they will call you for the phone screening interview. After that they will set up a technical call interview with the technical department and then next day before the day of interview they will send you an email to inform you that you are rejected!!!

Candidate are spending their valuable time and days and days of hard work for the role and interview. The team can not just behave in a such a way.

Vogue responses and unbelievable process

Interview Questions

• Background related questions. While that even interviewer running short of words.!!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Detroit, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was very easy. Mostly about situational interview based questions. My over the phone interview was very easy. I was looking for something out of college, and was asked three basic high level questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

intital technical test
    then phone interview
    then skype
    They asked several questions almost for 50 mins
    the panel consisted of 3 people
    a lot of technical in depth questions are asked
    need to prepare well
    went at times outside of resume but managed it somehow

Interview Questions

• some behavioral
      some about past experience
      about http
      about angular js, xml   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madurai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Madurai (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

The whole process of interview was very simple and smooth.We don't need to wait for hours outside the interview hall or after every rounds.They do the process as fast as they could.Also clearing interviews is easier.

Interview Questions

• How good are you at communication and english?   1 Answer
    • Based on your area of specilisation.Mine was networks.So they asked me the OSI layers?   Answer Question
    • What is IPv4 and IPv6   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mohali, Punjab (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Mohali, Punjab (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

The process had 3 rounds
    1. Online test (AMCAT)
    easy one just practise rs aggarwal
    2.Technical interview( questions based on your project , c++ ).
    3. HR interview (must prepare your resume )

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ranchi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Ranchi (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

After an online test comprising of aptitude, logical reasoning and english questions, there were two rounds of interview, one technical and one HR round, each round being an elimination round. Technical round was mainly to test my basic knowledge about electrical engineering. They asked simple questions regarding my core stream. HR round was mainly to see my overall personality, and my interest towards the company.

Interview Questions

• Me being an electrical end electronics student, they asked me to describe briefly different methods of energy generation and the basic difference between them, then they began to cross question based on my answer.
      In the HR round, they asked me to describe the future of electrical engineering, and later on asked me why i want to switch from my core stream to an IT job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was Non Negotiable