Cognizant Technology Solutions Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cognizant Technology Solutions Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.6

240 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very good interview process , they filer the applicants depending upon the attitude and skill. The HR are rude to negotiate the salary and very unprofessional. The offer letter is handed over quickly .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Tempe, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

I was invited to a campus interview with Cognizant. Though the position was for the software engineer position, I was only asked behavioral and some technical questions with no coding portions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Was asked to code a challenging problem involving Graphs, Trees and Stacks. Was also asked to provide runtime complexity of code and spatial complexity. Followed up by basic HR questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Two different interviewers. Very nice people. Did not ask any technical questions. Mostly wanted to know your background, career interests, and personal character. Tbh, I didn't have the strongest software background on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 5 minutes   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2015.

Interview

Phone screen followed by another phone screen. Then a online test was conducted. Then went onsite.
    There i was put through 3 rounds. first round was one to one second was a group discussion where i was supposed to design a solution on a white board. in the third round it was mainly hr stuff. Not that technical

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

1) Technical Round:- basic c#, oops, asp.net questions, sql server(pl/sql) questions
    2) manager Round:- Technical + project related

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

campus interview

Interview Questions

• if i type character 'A' in text file and save it, what will be size of the file   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Detroit, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

too many rounds,phone screen skills round, personality questions, one more phone round then, took one more week for results. should improve interivew process more speed.took too long for making decision initial talk about negotiations

Interview Questions

• Tell me about u r self? why this company ?why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (San Jose, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Basic java, spring, web services, database questions
    Next round more scenario level questions
    Hr round with all details of the benefits
    Also you have chance for negotiation for the compensation
    Ask for location before joining

Company gives relocation, travel and benefits to all family members

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

Fresher. 2 rounds. Techincal interview and HR interview. Checked analytical skills and basic programming questions.All the questions were simple and were so easy to answer. Mostly a selection process than a rejection.

Interview Questions

• (x-a)(x-b)(x-c)..... (x+z).. wat is the value?
      Similar questions and basic c programs   Answer Question