Cognizant Technology Solutions Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cognizant Technology Solutions Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Was asked to code a challenging problem involving Graphs, Trees and Stacks. Was also asked to provide runtime complexity of code and spatial complexity. Followed up by basic HR questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Two different interviewers. Very nice people. Did not ask any technical questions. Mostly wanted to know your background, career interests, and personal character. Tbh, I didn't have the strongest software background on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 5 minutes   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in January 2015.

Interview

Phone screen followed by another phone screen. Then a online test was conducted. Then went onsite.
    There i was put through 3 rounds. first round was one to one second was a group discussion where i was supposed to design a solution on a white board. in the third round it was mainly hr stuff. Not that technical

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

1) Technical Round:- basic c#, oops, asp.net questions, sql server(pl/sql) questions
    2) manager Round:- Technical + project related

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

campus interview

Interview Questions

• if i type character 'A' in text file and save it, what will be size of the file   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Detroit, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

too many rounds,phone screen skills round, personality questions, one more phone round then, took one more week for results. should improve interivew process more speed.took too long for making decision initial talk about negotiations

Interview Questions

• Tell me about u r self? why this company ?why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (San Jose, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Basic java, spring, web services, database questions
    Next round more scenario level questions
    Hr round with all details of the benefits
    Also you have chance for negotiation for the compensation
    Ask for location before joining

Company gives relocation, travel and benefits to all family members

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in March 2017.

Interview

Overall a good interview process. Completed my interview on time. Single day process. Friendly HR. Interviewer asked relevant questions. I attended for Bangalore cognizant office for Java skill. One Technical and one Hr round.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

One of the recruiter told me that there is a company called Cognizant and they are looking for software engineer due to new project for their client. Few days later I got an email to prepare for phone interview at specified date & time. Unfortunately nobody gave me a phone call that time. I got email that they are apologizing for that and let's setup new phone call tomorrow. That day I had a 30 minute call with guy, but it was very hard to understand him and moreover line quality was very bad. After phone call I have not received any feedback so far. Moreover about two weeks later, different recruiter who worked for them reached me once again asking for the same job! Unimaginable!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Worst experience in my life. Applied through their career website. They have scheduled the interview and I have gone through 2 technical, 1 HR round. The entire process took a day by making us wait and without asking us to go for lunch or anything for the whole day. After clearing the 2 technical rounds the HR asked all my past experiences and nothing else. Later she informed that I will get call for next HR discussion and will let you know the formalities. Its more than a month still I didn't get any update on my candidature. After sending a lot of follow ups they don't give a damn to reply. Careless ruthless, laziest and full of attitude people. Your very existence of your HR job is because of technical fellows. If they are not there you don't even have your jobs. Show some respect to technical guys. They are not your road side daily labors.

Interview Questions

• They asked few questions basic questions which even they don't know the answers when I have explained them clearly. They expect the definitions which are there in books. Grow up guys you are not in school   Answer Question