Cognizant Technology Solutions Software Engineer Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cognizant Technology Solutions Software Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Cognizant Technology Solutions

2.4

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview

Just one interview.. on campus.

I decided not to work

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Anonymous Employee in Campus, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Campus, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Process was smooth and simple.
    1st round online aptitude test AMCAT
    {Quants: PL, TW, TD, Ratio, Train Prob, Boat and Stream, PC were the main topics}
    2nd round Technical Interview
    {UG & PG projects, basic concepts from core subjects, 1 - 2 program implementations, 1 logical puzzle }
    3rd round HR interview
    {About yourself, flexibility in relocation, leadership qualities , any questions}

Interview Questions

• what is the difference b/w C and Java   1 Answer
    • can inheritance be implemented in C. if yes how   1 Answer
    • what are threads in java. diff b/w sleep and wait   Answer Question
    • what is anonymous class or structure   Answer Question
    • u have been given an array. u don't know it's size. find the avg of its elements
      in Java   Answer Question
    • implement LL in Java   Answer Question
    • different types of exception. diff b/w exception and error   Answer Question
    • what are early binding and late binding   Answer Question
    • polymorphism and inheritance in java   Answer Question
    • puzzle
      two wires of diff dimensions have been given.
      both of them gets completely combusted in 1 hour. you are in a pitch dark room with such two wires and a box of matches. you have to come out of the room in 45 minutes.
      [you cannot count seconds in your mind or else you cannot visually determine the halfway of the wires given neither do you have anything else other than a box of matches and those 2 wires]   2 Answers

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in September 2015.

Interview

Cognizant had visited our college on 28 and 29th of September. 28 was amcat test. Those who got selected had to attend interview on 29. For us there were 4 interviewers in one room and they were interviewing 4 different people. My interviewer first asked me to explain about myself. Then he asked about my projects. Had done 3 so answered about all. He asked it's block diagram also. Then asked if I know c. I said yes. So he asked me to write a flowchart on how to search a number on array. Then asked if i had any questions for him .that's it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation as it was on campus.

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

The first round was aptitude which was pretty hard, but got through it. Technical and HR rounds were combined and the questions were related to my branch mechanical engineering. It was all about CAD and Solid edge. He hardly let me talk. I couldn't get through it.

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview

Apti Round then tr then hr. Apti round was conducted by aspiring minds. In Tr they will ask you basics related to what you have written in your resume. IN hr they will only ask whether u are comfortablle in reallocating and all

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chennai (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

Very simple and transparent process. Written test covering logical reasoning and English followed by face to face interview.

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)

Interview

aptitude test, followed by interview

asked questions from areas of interest

Interview Questions

• given an example situation and said to solve the situation from our perspective   Answer Question

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Coimbatore (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

was good ,nothing big.... few fundamentals in data structures and projects and stuff ..few of my friends wher asked questions frm all the engg subjects dsp, white noise , mostly easy ...

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

It has two rounds. First Aptitude written round and a HR round. In the aptitude round equal importance is given to verbal and quants section. RS.Agarwal and Word power made easy by Norman Lewis is more than enough. HR round - basically easy if u r topper else they will check your technical stuff. For me he asked ques based on my resume nothing more.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected ques is " what you will do if you are set all alone for 2 days - no internet,no contact with ppl, no books, nothing ". I convinced some how saying "i will search answers for the questions that arouse due to life illusions- to which only i can answer myself" ...life illusions - love, belief on god, it goes on....   Answer Question

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview

Was simple asked me about my interests, about the company, what i am good at in programming etc..