Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions in Teaneck, NJ | Glassdoor

Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions in Teaneck, NJ

2.7

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through college job site, interviewed on campus, went to Teaneck, NJ for final round interviews at HQ. Both rounds of interviews consisted of one case interview and one behavioral. As someone without prior BA experience, the senior manager doing my behavioral interview really dug into the details of my other experiences to assess my fit. It was challenging and engaging, but I ultimately didn't get an offer. I requested feedback from HR and was told the recruiter would ask and get back to me. I'm still waiting to hear back.

Took over 3 weeks to get a decision after the final round.

Senior Human Resource Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

I had applied for this position, was called and scheduled for a phone interview with a recruiter. Our call was approximately for half hour. He seemed very impressed. Said he was going to forward my resume over to the hiring manager and I will receive feedback within 24-48 hours. Never heard back from him and I followed up several times. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any difficult questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial interview on campus where I met with two different people. One was a case study and the other was behavioral. Moved on to the second round at HQ in Teaneck except this time it was technical (no case study) then behavioral. My technical interview was with quite possibly the driest person ever who was pretty awkward. He initially asked how I was doing about three times in a row before I couldn't come up with any more ways to vary the answer. He read through his list of required questions to ask and I knew them all for the most part and the ones I didn't quite know I gave educated guesses on. After my responses no matter what he would give the answer he was looking for (even if I said it) so I couldn't quite gauge whether I satisfied the requirement or not. When that part finished I asked for his business card (so I could later send a thank you email) where he said he would connect with me on LinkedIn (never happened). The behavioral interview was a full 180 where this person had the most outgoing personality ever and made it quite more enjoyable. I was given my offer about a week and a half later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was fairly simply. I had a first round interview through my school. After that I was invited to their Headquarters in Teaneck, NJ. I had two interviews there, one was technically based, and the other was situational based. Technical interview wasn't very hard, they are interested mostly in you elaborating on past technical experience, and are trying to gage how much you have learned thus far. Interviewers were extremely nice, and they provided lunch after the interviews as well!

Interview Questions

• What do you believe a day to day life would be for a Technology Solutions Analyst   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. There was a screening interview on campus and then I was called in for a follow-up in Teaneck, NJ. I couldn't make it to their first or second week of interview follow ups due to classes and that worked with them. I went in for the interview, was provided lunch from Panera, and then had 2 45 minute interviews. The first was a personality interview and the second was a technical interview. For the technical interview make sure you know your stuff because they will ask you to elaborate and explain.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain the different SDLC methods to me?   1 Answer
    • What are the steps that go into risk planning and assessment   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me a time from your past classes where you had to work in a group setting? What was your role? Tell me about a difficult situation associated with this group.   Answer Question

Enterprise Applications Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ).

Interview

I did an on-campus interview. Got invited to the second/last final round in the hiring process at their headquarter's office in Teaneck. It was 2 rounds of interviews, first was the technical interview and the second was a behavioral interview (both were 45 mins).

Interview Questions

• What databases do you like to use for IT?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

My first round interviews were on campus and consisted of a case and behavioral interview. My final round interviews were in Teaneck, NJ and also consisted of a case and behavioral interview. Due to scheduling conflict the order of my interviews in Teaneck were rearranged, but I honestly couldn't tell. The questions that I received in both interviews were so odd that I could not tell them apart. One of my fellow interviewees mentioned that he was even asked to explain the elements of the Black-Scholes Option Pricing model in one of his interviews. The staff were all nice and polite and food was provided. However, certain aspects of the process were uncoordinated and one of the rooms that I interviewed in smelled of OB and I pretty much mailed it in from there. I was not surprised that I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with the software development lifecycle?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

OCR through top 20 MBA program. 2 rounds, first on campus with a case interview and behavioral, got reply in a week called for second round luckily I got the same interviewer for the 2nd round interview so we just ended up talking about job and processes, I had a feeling that I am already in.

OIPA Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by an overseas recruiter and provided him some basic information about travel and other work related parameters. I was then referred to a state side Executive Recruiter. I took time off of work to speak with them. The problem was the information I had provided to the overseas recruiter was not accurately relayed to the Executive Recruiter making the interview process a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to travel to NJ on a weekly basis.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through my campus career fair and had a on-campus interview. About a week later, I received an offer to attend the final round interview at Teaneck, New Jersey, which I accepted. The final round interview depends on who is interviewing you. I know some of my peers had a tough technical interview, whereas I had one that was fairly simple and easy. The final round consists of one behavioral and one technical.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were a leader and you faced a tough obstacle and describe how you overcame the obstacle.   Answer Question