Cognizant Technology Solutions Technical Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cognizant Technology Solutions Technical Lead Interview Questions

Interviews at Cognizant Technology Solutions

2.9

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

The process was fast and the level of difficulty was moderate. I was directly called by the Team Lead and we discussed about the position. Later I had 2 rounds of technical interview , followed by a manager interview and then a HR interview.

Though the HR forgot to call me because of some communication gap. Fortunately I has his number and was able to get the offer letter in time.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions were on Veritas Cluster Server.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Newark, DE) in June 2013.

Interview

It was a walk-in interview. A few hundred people showed up and we had to clear an initial HR, Technical, Managerial and followed by another HR round. The process was handled quickly and effectively.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions followed by personal background questions   Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in December 2016.

Interview

Person called me saying that there was urgent requirement and asked me to share my resume. I did and later got a call and they asked only below two questions. Then I got a call from HR. He asked about my salary. Then later got one more call saying that you will have technical interview. Which did not happen at all .

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

To start with, there will be a phone call interview from a HR.
    Just to ensure that the profile matches the job requirements and the location of the job.
    They might also discuss on the salary even before the technical interview is setup.
    After the call from HR, a technical phone interview will be setup. There will be 2 people in the interview panel. Interview was on the front end and java programming.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Technical question....
      Basics oops questions, intermediate level js, html and css questions as the job involved front end programmers.   Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

It was a typical interview where the company was just looking to fill someone in but not sure of what they want. I applied for the job for city A and the HR called me and said that job would be in city B or anywhere else but not city A for which I applied. I went ahead with discussion and they were paying below the industry standard. After the HR round, I had a skype interview with one of the developer and it was pretty clear to me that interview was not going to end well right after the first question.

The interviewer to explain the internal working of Hashmap. I explained that in detail with examples but he insisted the bookish definition. He probably had a website open in front of him and was reading out from that page. Eventually after 15 minutes I got frustrated and opened up java documentation and read out to him to prove my point. To my surprise he said that is wrong. At this point, I knew something was wrong. On the other hand it was hilarious when he said no and read out from his sheet the answer he was looking at and said he has to follow the procedures and questions that has been handed to him.

I was applying for a java position and he started going on DBA type questions and I explained couple of them but then he started asking advanced configuration level question at that point I had to stop the interviewer and explained that in any company java developers are not given access to change or modify production database configuration. That is job typical of database developer or DBA. He insisted that as Java lead I should know Db configuration which is pretty uncommon for "me".

On couple of topic we had worked on different flavours of technology and the interviewer had the audacity of saying I have not worked on X but I am going to ask you about Y because that is what I am familiar with and didn't care to read my resume that I don't work on Y. He never went over my past work experience.

Here's the last straw and funniest part:
    In the end when I asked him if he knew what position was Interviewing for? The Interviewer said that it could for any position and I could be on a project which did not involved coding at all as it could be onsite offshore coordination or development position or an architect.

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

- Multiple interviews, phone,2 on site interviews with hiring manager and his boss HR interviewed in addition to two onsite interviews technical questions were asked during the interview make sure you know your resume and able to explain your tech skills

Interview Questions

• 1) Why are you looking for a job?
      2) What is your salary expectations   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2010.

Interview

Contacted by HR for the position available. Interview set up by the manager and technical team.

Interview Questions

• basic technical questions - Class vs structure, oops basics, basic design patterns, estimation techniques   Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Interview

There were 4 rounds of interview - telephonic, technical, management, and HR. There were 4 rounds of interview - telephonic, technical, management, and HR. There were 4 rounds of interview - telephonic, technical, management, and HR

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Chennai (India)) in January 2018.

Interview

Called for the interview and told to sit in the cafeteria. Reached around 10.30am.
    Scheduled only for 3 candidates via one of the consultant. till 1pm nobody reach us in person or mobile not even a single SMS . Then i left for the day. Said good bye to CTS.
    Then why they are scheduling the interview and wasting our time. We called the concern person and she always told the same response "we will inform you in 5 to 10 min, just sit there."

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

One round with the manager about resume, previous work experience, and a tuff situation handled in past experience, another round with HR for salary neg