Cognizant Technology Solutions Technology Solutions Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cognizant Technology Solutions Technology Solutions Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Cognizant Technology Solutions

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

I first hear of the company at a job fair at my university. The recruiting staff was extremely nice and personable. They instructed me to fill out the application online; and that they would sign me up for a campus interview. A few weeks later I had my first one on one campus interview with a recruiter and it went extremely smooth. We basically went over my entire resume and I explained each experience as well as my technical skills. The questions they asked were not there to "trip you up" they just want to know more about you; and to see if your a personable individual who could potentially be a good consultant.

From there I received a notification that I would be continuing to the second interview in Teaneck, NJ. The company flew me there for the weekend along with the other students. During the following morning I had three separate interviews; behavioral, technical, and a recruiting sit down.

Behavioral is all about you. Why do you want to work at cognizant. What do you do on your free time. What are you passionate about? What are your experiences in teams and how do you problem solve.

Technical is a review of the technical skills you indicated on your resume. If you said you know Java then tell me about the project you used it on. Fairly simple if you're honest on you resume. They also ask you some basic questions about like data types and sdlc. Stuff that you should know if you have a technical background so don't stress. And if you don't know you don't know.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of data types? (but they use a different word for it so be ready)   1 Answer
  • How do you deal with teams?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation all beginning associates start at the same rate; 55k.

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

First let me start off by saying this was the most unprofessional company I've experienced in my full time career search post grad. The initial interview did not leave a good first impression, as the interviewers showed up an hour and a half late to the location. Now I understand things can come up and mistakes happen, but following this there was no apology or sign of remorse.

Despite this interaction I still decided to give them a chance and pursue the opportunity. A week later I hear back from them saying that I actually interviewed with the wrong people and that they would need to set up a video interview to place me in the right position. At this point I know something fishy is going on because a colleague of mine interviewed for the same role later that day and he was given an offer a few weeks after that initial interview.

Fast forward 2 weeks and I tune into the WebEx meeting for my video interview at 9AM, and again the interviewers are late. 15 minutes in I get a call from the recruiter saying that they actually need to reschedule for 3PM later that day. This frustrated me as I let them know I was going into work late because of the interview already and now I had to request that time off as well. Following the 3PM video interview the interviewer notified me that they had actually moved me to a different role that I was now applying for that seemed a bit out of my scope, but at least we were moving somewhere. A few weeks after this interview I get another text from the recruiter saying I needed to go through one more final phone screening and that would be it.

Following that conversation I decided to stop pursuing Cognizant after realizing how horrible their college recruiting process really is. I am glad they did not reach back out to waste more of my time.

If you're wondering how such a large organization can get away with something like this, I'd implore you to look them up on Wikipedia and glance over the robust "Controversy" section for some reference.

Technology Solutions Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in March 2019.

Interview

Did one round of interviews on campus, and it consisted of one person. The interview lasted one hour, and it was two part. Behavioral and technical. It was causally setting.

Technology Solutions Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

I applied on-campus and had a first round interview with 2 employees of Cognizant for an hour (30 minutes each). After that, I heard back for final round interviews. They brought a few of us to Teaneck, NJ and I had two interviews (technical and behavioral) in the office. I received a full-time offer two weeks after.

Interview Questions

• Project Management, Business Analysis, Programming, Database and Quality Assurance questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through my campus career fair and had a on-campus interview. About a week later, I received an offer to attend the final round interview at Teaneck, New Jersey, which I accepted. The final round interview depends on who is interviewing you. I know some of my peers had a tough technical interview, whereas I had one that was fairly simple and easy. The final round consists of one behavioral and one technical.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were a leader and you faced a tough obstacle and describe how you overcame the obstacle.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

I initially applied for Technology Solutions Analyst but they felt I had a stronger technical background so they offered me a position for Quality Engineering & Assurance Analyst
    First round of interviews was on campus. Focused on behavior: ability to lead and work with teams
    Second round took place at their headquarters - was both behavioral and technical

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone you did not like.
      Name the 7 layers of the OSI model   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations as a college hire.

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial interview on campus where I met with two different people. One was a case study and the other was behavioral. Moved on to the second round at HQ in Teaneck except this time it was technical (no case study) then behavioral. My technical interview was with quite possibly the driest person ever who was pretty awkward. He initially asked how I was doing about three times in a row before I couldn't come up with any more ways to vary the answer. He read through his list of required questions to ask and I knew them all for the most part and the ones I didn't quite know I gave educated guesses on. After my responses no matter what he would give the answer he was looking for (even if I said it) so I couldn't quite gauge whether I satisfied the requirement or not. When that part finished I asked for his business card (so I could later send a thank you email) where he said he would connect with me on LinkedIn (never happened). The behavioral interview was a full 180 where this person had the most outgoing personality ever and made it quite more enjoyable. I was given my offer about a week and a half later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was fairly simply. I had a first round interview through my school. After that I was invited to their Headquarters in Teaneck, NJ. I had two interviews there, one was technically based, and the other was situational based. Technical interview wasn't very hard, they are interested mostly in you elaborating on past technical experience, and are trying to gage how much you have learned thus far. Interviewers were extremely nice, and they provided lunch after the interviews as well!

Interview Questions

• What do you believe a day to day life would be for a Technology Solutions Analyst   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. There was a screening interview on campus and then I was called in for a follow-up in Teaneck, NJ. I couldn't make it to their first or second week of interview follow ups due to classes and that worked with them. I went in for the interview, was provided lunch from Panera, and then had 2 45 minute interviews. The first was a personality interview and the second was a technical interview. For the technical interview make sure you know your stuff because they will ask you to elaborate and explain.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain the different SDLC methods to me?   1 Answer
    • What are the steps that go into risk planning and assessment   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me a time from your past classes where you had to work in a group setting? What was your role? Tell me about a difficult situation associated with this group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

Dropped off a resume at college career fair. This was followed up by an on-campus interview, which consisted of mostly discussing my internship experience and school work. This was followed up by an interview in their headquarters, they drove me and six others out and put us up at a hotel. There were two interviews one technical, again discussing internship and school work followed by a behavioral interview which is all "Tell me about a time when you..." (had to be a leader or had a disagreement for example).

Offer was a little low