Cognizant Technology Solutions Technology Solutions Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cognizant Technology Solutions Technology Solutions Analyst Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial interview on campus where I met with two different people. One was a case study and the other was behavioral. Moved on to the second round at HQ in Teaneck except this time it was technical (no case study) then behavioral. My technical interview was with quite possibly the driest person ever who was pretty awkward. He initially asked how I was doing about three times in a row before I couldn't come up with any more ways to vary the answer. He read through his list of required questions to ask and I knew them all for the most part and the ones I didn't quite know I gave educated guesses on. After my responses no matter what he would give the answer he was looking for (even if I said it) so I couldn't quite gauge whether I satisfied the requirement or not. When that part finished I asked for his business card (so I could later send a thank you email) where he said he would connect with me on LinkedIn (never happened). The behavioral interview was a full 180 where this person had the most outgoing personality ever and made it quite more enjoyable. I was given my offer about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was fairly simply. I had a first round interview through my school. After that I was invited to their Headquarters in Teaneck, NJ. I had two interviews there, one was technically based, and the other was situational based. Technical interview wasn't very hard, they are interested mostly in you elaborating on past technical experience, and are trying to gage how much you have learned thus far. Interviewers were extremely nice, and they provided lunch after the interviews as well!

Interview Questions

• What do you believe a day to day life would be for a Technology Solutions Analyst   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. There was a screening interview on campus and then I was called in for a follow-up in Teaneck, NJ. I couldn't make it to their first or second week of interview follow ups due to classes and that worked with them. I went in for the interview, was provided lunch from Panera, and then had 2 45 minute interviews. The first was a personality interview and the second was a technical interview. For the technical interview make sure you know your stuff because they will ask you to elaborate and explain.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain the different SDLC methods to me?   1 Answer
    • What are the steps that go into risk planning and assessment   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me a time from your past classes where you had to work in a group setting? What was your role? Tell me about a difficult situation associated with this group.   Answer Question

Technology Solutions Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions.

Interview

I applied on-campus and had a first round interview with 2 employees of Cognizant for an hour (30 minutes each). After that, I heard back for final round interviews. They brought a few of us to Teaneck, NJ and I had two interviews (technical and behavioral) in the office. I received a full-time offer two weeks after.

Interview Questions

• Project Management, Business Analysis, Programming, Database and Quality Assurance questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through my campus career fair and had a on-campus interview. About a week later, I received an offer to attend the final round interview at Teaneck, New Jersey, which I accepted. The final round interview depends on who is interviewing you. I know some of my peers had a tough technical interview, whereas I had one that was fairly simple and easy. The final round consists of one behavioral and one technical.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were a leader and you faced a tough obstacle and describe how you overcame the obstacle.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward process. Initial interview was on-campus. Consisted of typical behavioral questions and my interviewer was awesome. Second round was at HQ. Consisted of a behavioral and technical interviews so two interviews in total. Technical was easier than I thought and I am not technically strong (yet). Interviewed based my technical knowledge in regards to what I did on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you were developing an application. How would you apply the SDLC?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

Talked to recruiters at my universities job fair. A couple of weeks later I was asked to do an on-campus interview. It was strictly behavioral questions, about 10. I was told right afterwards that I would be moving on to the final round of interviews. A couple more weeks went by, and a bunch of students and myself were flown out to the head quarters in Teaneck, NJ. Everything was paid for. The final interviews consisted of one behavioral interview, and one technical interview. The behavioral one was straight forward, the technical one was pretty easy too. I come from a business background so they pretty much went over my resume and asked me about the things on my resume pertaining to IT.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you deal with co-workers that have different backgrounds that you may or may not agree with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Technology Solutions Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through an online campus recruiting website. Met with a recruiter on campus for 30 minutes. After about a week, I heard from the company and was invited to a second round of interviews on site.

Interview Questions

• What was a conflict you faced and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Technology Solutions Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in October 2014.

Interview

On campus then interview at their headquarter in NJ. Final interview was the same as the initial interview. There were no technical questions. All behavior questions. Everyone was nice.

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Teaneck, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting. About a week later, received notice to attend the interview on school grounds. This consisted of mostly behavioral questions, what would you do in this situation etc. About a week after that, I received a phone call to attend an interview at HQ. The interviews were one behavioral and one technical, which were both really behavioral but maybe that comes with being an analyst. What was supposed to be the technical interview, the interviewer asked me real-life situations about what I would do if Cognizant were to place me in this role - definitely good to know the ins & outs of the company. A week after that, received the offer letter to join them.

-a week later is actually 7 days later lol.

Interview Questions

• You walk into a board meeting and the CEO asks you into implement a system but is unsure of what the outcome might be financially to the company. How would you persuade him to go forth?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't really negotiate.