Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Cognizant Technology Solutions Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jan 9, 2018

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I had attended for selenium automation walkin. It has 2 rounds of technical interviews, one for telephone other is teleconference. Asked about selenium, and oops concepts. Then HR said will be having one more round at client. So after waiting 4 weeks I got call from cts HR to attend client round. Went to jpmc given interviews.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

It is longer process. They will take 4 round of interview. After that client will take 3 round of interview. One thing is very good every thing is done of telephone.

AIM Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Quick telephone interview to start with. All simple questions and an invite to an assessment day. I was sent a case study by email and was required to prepare a presentation based on it, where I role play as the business analyst and they are the client.
    On the day we had a short induction, did the presentation, a group assessment and a one to one interview. I got the decision on the same day after a short wait.
    Overall the experience was good, they were friendly and it went well because I was well prepared.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Cognizant?   1 Answer
    • What skills do you think an analyst requires?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

Interview

First stage interview by phone.
    My recruiter provided me with a phone number and a lock in code to start a conference call.
    But only one of the two interviewers was present. He was difficult to understand, because of the accent and the bad reception. I had to ask him several times to repeat the question.

It was a pure technical interview.
    All questions were on statistics and machine learning.
    Be prepared to be grilled on basic questions and it feels like sitting in a exam again.

Interview Questions

• What is a random forest model?
      How would you test a model?
      What is better r-squared or adjusted r-squared?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the digital graduate program and was called a few days later for the AIM scheme. I was asked a few competency questions and is just really a filtering process to see that you want the role and not just applying to apply. They asked typical questions of what your experience is, why you would want to work for Cognizant, what you know about cognizant and also why you chose to do your degree amongst other things. This part was pretty simple and with some background knowledge about the company and also refreshing your mind about your degree you should be fine.

Next I was given some information on what i was going to do on the assessment day which was a group exercise, interview and presentation. This included a presentation brief which was of a company that was in need of a IT services. Your task was to identify what was needed and produce this in presentation form. I decided to go for a broad discussion rather than focusing on just one aspect of what could be improved. I knew a bit of web technology but it required a few days of research and putting together all the information i had i made sure that i had wrote down all i was going to say in essay format and knew it word for word by the time i had to present it. (a good tip is to practice in front of people, they will be able to pick out any problems you may not be able to see like 'urms and ahhh' that i definitely did without knowing). You should also prepare for a one to one part of the assessment day where possibly a senior person that you may be working for/with will question you on your abilities, skills and what if's scenarios.

I got in around 11am to the canary wharf base where they took all candidates into a room for the introduction of cognizant and the scheme you will be on. They were very calming and tried as much as possible to get you to relax which did help. After the introduction i had to go and do my presentation they gave you 10 minutes to prepare before someone will come in from where the role play will start as soon as they come in. I was given a flipchart and board and i decided to use the flipchart in order to relay my point across. This was mainly for myself tbh as i used it as triggers to know what point to talk about next but of course it also helps the you when trying to convince the person that has come to listen to your presentation understand a bit more by visuals. I went with bubble diagrams, using the main thing i wanted to talk about as the biggest and then other things that helped my point branched off. I had 3 main points which meant i had 3 bubble diagrams on 3 different pages. it is important that you make sure that you do enough research to answer possible questions that you probably didnt cover in your presentation. Luckily i had done that so i was able to ask answer what he threw at me and if i didnt know i will simply make a logical guess or refer back to something similar that i had said in my presentation that i thought could answer what he asked.

Next i had the one to one interview which was more of listening to what he did within the company and me asking questions. There were a few competency questions but not as much as i was expecting and was mainly to see how i you are as person and what if scenarios were also thrown at me. There was a weird question asking whether i am a hard worker or a lazy worker. (I said i was a hard worker and gave reasons why i was such but the answer he was looking for was actually lazy as they tend to be a smarter worker because they will find something that can be done quickly and easily that will make their lives easier.)

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Invited to interview, the job I was interviewed for had grown arms and legs since I'd applied and wasn't really the true specialist role that was advertised. They wanted a jack of all trades which did not come across in the advert.
    Short 1 hour interview, all experience based, no competency questions (which I find odd.) This was three weeks ago and I haven't heard a peep from them. Not a good candidate experience at all.

Graduate QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Had a phone call got invited to the headquarters. I have a interview, presentation "An evaluation of QEA (Quality Engineering and Assurance) over the past 10 years and the future of QEA in the next 5 years" with was done 1 to 1. I also had a group discussion.

Analytics and Information Management Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Screening phone interview: Look at your CV, ask your motivation in applying
    Assessment center: Prepare a 10 minute presentation for a fictitious client, 1 on 1 competency and character based interview with HR, followed by group exercise to test communication and teamwork skills
    Final interview: 1 on 1 with graduate hiring manager, asking mainly about personal work preferences, career goals and further assessment of competency

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were asked to do something bad, how did you react?   Answer Question

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Fast Process, Focused on all the areas of employee. Team is not judging by single skill set. they tried to review the profile from all the areas and where the profile can set the best.

Interview Questions

• Technical, related to the job role   1 Answer

Data Analytics and Information Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognizant Technology Solutions (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

The process took about 1 month. Firstly I had a telephone interview, where they asked me about my qualifications and the reason I applied for Cognizant. Second phase was the assessment center. It lasted about 2 and half hours. Had to prepare a presentation which I presented in the beginning. Then interview with HR and technical interview and finally a group task with other candidates

Interview Questions

• CV qualifications, projects, things related to the presentantion   Answer Question