Cognolink Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cognolink Interview Questions

Interviews at Cognolink

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cognolink (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through university. Interview consisted of a phone interview with behavioral questions. then about two or so days later I got an email to come in for a Superday. Super day consisted of 2 separate interviews-- 2 people came in and did more behavioral similar to the phone interview and a case interview. then about a five minute break and another two came in to ask additional questions.

Interview Questions

• How was your transition from high school to college. What other positions are you applying to? What does Cognolink do in your own words? Tell us about a time someone complained about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognolink (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then an in person interview with four separate people (two interviews in the same day, each with two people). During the first interview I had to walk them through how I would solve a case study of theirs and my thought process. After not getting the job I reached out twice to obtain feedback and information on why I was not chosen but no one answered me. I felt this was a bit unprofessional especially because before the interview I was bombarded with emails and phone calls explaining the process, etc. but once they realized they did not want me, they did not bother to answer my inquiry. I understand I was not a good fit for the company but it would have been helpful to gain feedback from my mistakes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to sell an intangible item?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cognolink in November 2015.

Interview

I went to their booth at the career fair at my school and really liked the people there, however the phone interview was a rapid fire of questions about my past experiences etc. the interviewer spoke so quickly that i could hardly keep up. I was invited to an in person round. because i live 8 hours away, i asked if they could help finance my travel and they said they would only cover the fare of a coach class bus ticket. Personally, I can't afford to take three days off of work and school to travel to NYC on a bus to interview with a company that clearly isn't trying to impress me.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cognolink in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through school recruitment and received an email that set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes long and consisted of simple behavioral questions. The man on the phone was personable and informative. Asked about a time when I received criticism and how I handled it. When was a time you worked in a group and someone wasn't pulling his or her weight? Describe to me what you know about Cognolink and what we do. What do you think the biggest challenge for you would be working here? How was the transition from high school to college?

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be your biggest challenge working here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognolink (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed last year. I had several calls with HR, analysts, then more senior staff. Eventually I was invited down the NYC office. It looks like a big room with 40 people in the middle who are all on the phone (like a call center). I got along well with everybody but I assume I didn't do well enough on the case and didn't get the offer. I was instead hired by a legitimate consulting firm that pays much better (like several 10k more in a much cheaper major city) and has a much better culture from what I have read about Cognolink. I'm extremely happy I didn't end up working here - I believe it would have severely retarded my career development (1 year wasted time at this age is huge). I think recent grads should only consider working here if they genuinely have no other options (which is probably true for many, in which case go for it). While you are selling yourself in the interview, they are selling the role too (or, what they pretend it is as an "analytical role" - read the other Glassdoor reviews). Stay away if you can.

Interview Questions

• Almost all behavioral questions and 1-2 pretty simple cases.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cognolink (New York, NY).

Interview

The process starts with a phone screening. If you make it through you are invited to attend two interviews with two "Team Leaders" in each interview. One of the interviews had a case study on the pet food industry. The people I met answered all my questions and were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Questions around teamwork, learning, and being organized.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cognolink.

Interview

It was an interesting process. They asked a lot of thought-provoking questions. Not stereotypical at all, wanted to see your thought process, not even necessarily your answer. Met with a number of managers and then the head of the New York City office, along with having HR involved throughout the process. Very relaxed, but still wanted to get a read on you.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach complex problems that have multiple solutions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cognolink (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Their recruiting department found me through LinkedIn. The process was painless and quick. It started with an original phone call to determine the interest of the position. Afterwards I received an E-mail with the proper job description and advice to prepare for the phone interview, which would occur the next day. The recruiting employee was very friendly and personable throughout the discussions, at no point was there any awkward silence or forced questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the Research Analyst is responsible for here/what are the duties?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognolink (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. Two phone interviews where they asked me a lot of the same questions. During the second interview, the recruiter asked me to pick a date to have a super day, and then, after I'd picked one, she told me she wasn't even sure that I'd have one. About two weeks later, they invited me in for the super day. I went in, met first with a member of HR and the head of a team. They gave me a case and asked a lot of the same fit questions from the phone interviews. One of them was kind of rude, so be on guard for that. They had notes from the phone interviews and would call me out on contradictions or repeats. Then I met with two heads of another team. They asked me about the case and asked still more personality questions. They warned me that they often have to be in the office late.

Office is okay. Recruiter promised a tour, but I didn't get one. From what I could see, it was pretty open, no cubicles.

Afterward, the original recruiter told me she'd get in touch with me about the response and kept me waiting for several days despite seemingly knowing what was going after only one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an issue with a member of a team. (have many answers for this one lined up—I gave them 6-7)
      Who are the three people you'd put a hedge fund in touch with if they wanted to invest in Industry X?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognolink.

Interview

I applied through my university and the process took around a week. I did a phone screening and they asked me typical behavioral questions like "tell me about a time you worked in a group". The process seemed very structured. They got back to me quickly and let me know that I will not be going to the next round.