Cognolink Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cognolink Research Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Cognolink

2.8

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cognolink in November 2015.

Interview

I went to their booth at the career fair at my school and really liked the people there, however the phone interview was a rapid fire of questions about my past experiences etc. the interviewer spoke so quickly that i could hardly keep up. I was invited to an in person round. because i live 8 hours away, i asked if they could help finance my travel and they said they would only cover the fare of a coach class bus ticket. Personally, I can't afford to take three days off of work and school to travel to NYC on a bus to interview with a company that clearly isn't trying to impress me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cognolink

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognolink (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then an in person interview with four separate people (two interviews in the same day, each with two people). During the first interview I had to walk them through how I would solve a case study of theirs and my thought process. After not getting the job I reached out twice to obtain feedback and information on why I was not chosen but no one answered me. I felt this was a bit unprofessional especially because before the interview I was bombarded with emails and phone calls explaining the process, etc. but once they realized they did not want me, they did not bother to answer my inquiry. I understand I was not a good fit for the company but it would have been helpful to gain feedback from my mistakes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to sell an intangible item?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognolink (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

There was a three step interview process. The first interview was a simple overview of the position, qualifications, and work status. The second interview was comprehensive involving a more in depth analysis of your qualifications, including two case studies. The case studies were straight forward, and sought to address your critical thinking abilities, in addition to your logic, and comprehensive approach to resolving a question. The third interview was with a member of the management team, and was pretty straight forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cognolink (New York, NY).

Interview

First is a quick phone interview with basic questions. Then you meet with some of their team leaders to discuss the hedge fund side and the private equity side. They want to check if you just understand the basics of the industry with easy case study questions. Then final round of interview is focuses more on your knowledge of finance, and more of a questions of a current financial topic. Overall, the HR department is a mess and they are terrible at communicating and getting back to you in a timely fashion.

Interview Questions

• A private equity firm is looking into a business buying hearing-aids, what are they paying for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cognolink (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

The HR rep is great!!! very nice and informative. But when you come in for the interview it take a strange turn for the worst. The interview become a good cop bad cop interrogation with the VP of North America and Research Team Leader, which make you feel really uncomfortable. The 2nd question in... I knew I didn't want to continue with this company.

Interview Questions

• What step would you take in order to create a popular micro-brewer in queens?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cognolink (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Shortly after submitting my resume I was contacted by a human resources representative, who asked a couple simple questions about my background and scheduled an interview in their office. The following week I met with the regional sales director, a smart and personable man. He asked me more questions about my background and a few about my personality, then had me do a short case study- just a simple discussion talking him through the logic I would use to solve a given problem. We connected on both a professional and personal level and I felt great about my chances. The two days later I received an email stating that I was not a match for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is a skill you would like to improve and how will our company help you in that improvement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cognolink (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview, came in for another interview meeting with some of the managers there

Interview Questions

• There is a company involved with prison systems and they are looking to acquire a majority of the market share by next year, who do they speak with and what do they talk about in order to gain the appropriate information.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cognolink (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I got the interview through a referral from a friend who works at CognoLink as a Research Analyst. The first interview was over the phone and was very short, only about 5 minutes. They asked a few questions about my personality and work experience and then immediately scheduled a follow up interview in their office. During the 2nd interview I met with 2 people. The first interviewer asked more questions about my work experience and asked me why I wanted to work at the company, what interested me in what they do. The 2nd interviewer then came in and asked me more thought questions. I had to do a short case study in something I would be doing for the company. The 3rd interview was over Skype with someone from their headquarters in London. He asked me a lot of questions on the global economy and was more of a discussion. Thought I did well during the course of these interviews but 1 day following my final interview I was emailed saying that I wasn't a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• The global economy is going to sh*t. Please defend this argument with specific examples   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cognolink (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was asked to begin the interview process with a twenty minute interview. The interview was a thirty minute phone interview filled with question after question. The lady was very nice, wanted to know about my background and understanding of the job position and my understanding of the company. In addition, she asked me various behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an issue with a team and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cognolink (New York, NY).

Interview

The first step was a phone screening which lasted about a half hour, then I was invited to a super day where I talked to various people within the company and did a case study. I was also given a tour of the office. Cognolink is good about getting back to candidates in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had trouble while working in a team. How did you solve this problem?   Answer Question