Cold Stone Creamery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cold Stone Creamery Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and about a week or two later I got a call scheduling an interview for the next day. They said they were looking to hire on the spot since people were leaving for summer & needed new people ASAP. Very chill and laid back interview. First, I talked with the owner of the store, then the GM. I was not hired on the spot, but I was called 2 hours later and was told I would start my training the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The only thing I needed was to be scheduled after 11 because I have volleyball practice. Also, when school starts I can't start until after 4:45. They are very flexible for students.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Federal Way, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Cold Stone has you fill out an application online first. If they like you, they'll set up an interview. It is a group interview usually done in-store before opening consisting of 10 people, on average. They had us answer icebreaker questions, perform a Cold Stone Creamery song individually, perform as a group, and dance. The whole process lasted about two hours.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I could be any animal, which animal would I be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Fort Collins, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly short, it was a group with about 10 people. we went around and said our names and what school we went too, and then they told us about the job. it lasted no more than 30 minutes. we did have to sing in front of everyone.

Interview Questions

• If you were an ice cream what would you be?
      If you could be a historically figure, who would you be, and what kind of ice cream what that person eat?
      What does good costumer service mean to you?
      Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Dover, DE).

Interview

I walked in the store, resume in hand and I spoke with the owner's wife the same day,. Told her I was looking for a job and that I'm available to start ASAP. She took the resume, and wrote down my number. The Following Monday I got a call from the owner, and proceeded to an over-the-phone interview. Then I was instructed to come in the next day for in-person interview,. At the Interview the wife went over the job. I started the following Monday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Rosemont, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Walked in, both crew members were working and I told one of the crew members that I was here for the interview and he told me to take a seat. After five to ten minutes a woman came out and sat us together in the corner for a one on one interview. She asked the interview questions and then later said I should expect a call for a follow up or not. After that I walked out.

Interview Questions

• Where do you go to school?   Answer Question
    • What days I could work?   Answer Question
    • Do I understand all the qualifications and parts of what may be my future job? Wage, Hours, Attire, Mental Requirements   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Winter Garden, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Winter Garden, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Highly unprofessional. I was well-dressed for the interview and had high expectations of it, but the manager (the one who “interviewed” me) was in his casual clothes and straight away discussed the working environment, followed by asking me questions that weren't work-related, but pertains to my hobbies and major.

While he was explaining the new employment packet for me and the optional section pertaining to diseases, he had place his hand on my thigh while saying, “I want to know this because I care about you”. It struck me as odd, especially since physical contact from someone I initially don't know doesn't sit well with me, but I had brushed it off, assuming it was just a clumsy gesture on his part.

That same day, the manager had texted me asking if I could work that evening, despite the fact that I hadn't even started on my packet, and it was agreed that I would start a different day.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Weston, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I got an email back a few days later, asking me to come to the store. I went and there were other applicants there too, since Cold Stone is known for their group interviews. All we did was introduce ourselves and the manager asked us a few questions. It was more like conversation really. Some of us got asked more questions than others so I don't think that was fair. The most important thing to the manager was your availability. They need someone with flexible hours. After that, they said they'd narrow down the list and let them know. That is all I know after that because I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Creve Coeur, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Creve Coeur, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back about a month later. The interview was a group interview. We had to come up with a skit about ice cream together in five minutes. We also had to go around the room and sing. It was a weird interview, but got me less self-conscious.

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Kalamazoo, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process is generally unorthodox.
    It mainly depends on the number of people that will be at interviews.
    If there are only a couple of people then it will be more basic; aka sitting one on one with the hiring manager and answer random questions.
    If there are a lot of people there, then there will usually be group activities like creating a song with a group and singing in front of the other groups, of course followed by individual interviews with the hiring manager and sometimes also with other current employees.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your free time?   Answer Question
    • What are your future plans for school? (AKA - How long are you planning on sticking around?)   Answer Question
    • What is your availability during school and during the summer?   Answer Question
    • Do you have transportation to get to and from work?   Answer Question
    • How many hours per week would you hope to be working?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cold Stone Creamery (Fairfax, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a couple days later I was called in for an interview. The actual interview took place in the back in the office. The manager asked a couple of questions mainly about my availability. The interview was pretty okay and went quickly.

Interview Questions

• What's more important: quality of a product or how fast it's delievered?   1 Answer