Coldwell Banker Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

1.7

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Coldwell Banker.

Interview

Had to interview with various people in the group. Everyone wanted something different from the position with little to no overlap of expectations. They initially wanted someone full time but ended up hiring two part time employees.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Coldwell Banker

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coldwell Banker (Naperville, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

My now immediate supervisor has asked me during interview if I knew how to use Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader DC, Adobe Photoshop, and able to learn fast with transactions. Applied and then a week later I get a call for interview and then got a job offer a day later.

Interview Questions

• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite?   1 Answer
    • Experience with office work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coldwell Banker (Fremont, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was not bad. The agent was very nice. I explained my suitation and why I was looking at this job. I like admin work and the type of work I can do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Coldwell Banker (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Got called for an interview hours after applying. The following day I had an interview which I thought went well. I was given a off-site entry exam that I never had the fair opportunity to turn in on the very same day of the interview..enough said.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Coldwell Banker (Orland Park, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Called in for an interview with the office manager and the main administrative assistant. Sat down with the two of them in the conference room for about a 15 minute meeting. Casual, low-key. I met with them on casual Friday. Felt a little awkward in my suit with the staff in their CB sweatshirts :)

Anonymous Employee in Incline Village, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coldwell Banker (Incline Village, NV) in July 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with two staff for Admin position. One staff said there was no job description other than, "job required new staff to do what ever the other staff didn't want to do." The other staff said the job had potential to be transaction coordinator, learning document chain of command and ensuring accurate audit of documents, marketing duties, and daily coordination of documents and MLS updates for all realtors. Very confusing.

Interview Questions

• From staff: Can you deal with 25+ realtors? You seem like a sensitive person.
      This was not a great start to the interview, and this kind of question should be considered a red flag. However, the other staff asked questions about skill sets and what the goals of the job were to be. The dichotomy between both staff was noted.   1 Answer

Negotiation

First offering from HR was withdrawn. During phone interview with HR, staff told me the job was defined by the onsite staff as 'light reception,' part time work at $11 US per hour. The advertisement that I responded to, called for someone 'computer savvy' and defined title as 'Administrative Assistant.' This was confusing; thus I withdrew candidacy. After declining candidacy via email to interviewers, one staff called and said that she was the primary hiring person who was responsible for the job description. Then HR came back with a better pay structure and staff promised that the position required obtaining a real estate license, and would require training on transaction coordination software, too, so I did accept. But note the reason for quitting this job was because the staff would not back promises made during negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coldwell Banker (Oxford, CT) in July 2011.

Interview

This position was advertised as part-time, but the number of hours was not included in the job description. I found out on the interview that the position would never exceed 20 hours per week. I was interviewed by the manager and the full-time administrative manager. They were very upfront with what they expected and what they didn't want. They told me that although they have a cleaning team in twice per week they often have to clean. For example, washing the front windows which are covered with listings taped to the window. The tape gets stuck to the windows when they change them (which I assume creates fingerprints) and also need to be cleaned from salt/sand in the winter. They told me not to talk to the agents. They both said given the opportunity the agents will tend to chat, look for sympathy, and occasionally need “a hug”! They asked if I had small children. They don't like the use of sticky notes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coldwell Banker (Waltham, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

my interviewer did not ask me any questions about my previous experiece and skills. She only told me there were 3 more people to interview and she would call for a second interview. But how am I going to have a chance if you did not even wanted to know more about me???

Interview Questions

• that was exactly the problem, no question was asked...   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Coldwell Banker in June 2007.

Interview

I saw an ad in the local newspaper and faxed my resume to the company. They called me pretty much the next day and asked me to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by 2 department managers first and then by the general manager all on the same day. The department managers asked me "why I want to work for them? and similar questions. It seemed like they didn't have much interviewing experience. The interview with the general manager was a behavioral type interview where I was asked to relate my previous experience in customer service by providing specific examples..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you exceeded the customer's expectations and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a very difficult customer and how did you handle him/her?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Definitely negotiate your starting salary. The earning potential is pretty low; therefore, it is very important how much you start out with.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coldwell Banker in December 2009.

Interview

It was a very simple process with only a request for a resume. Following the resume, my boss asked me to come in for an informal interview. My boss wanted to make sure I understood what the job entailed: marketing, administrative duties, etc. My previous administrative experience made me a highly qualified candidate.