Coles Interview Questions in Australia | Glassdoor

Coles Interview Questions in Australia

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.3

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hobart (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Coles (Hobart (Australia)).

Interview

I applied online for a Coles team member position. About a week later, I was contacted by email saying my Application had been shortlisted, and two days later I secured an interview.
    I got to the Coles, dressed up in a full suit, shirt, jacket, tie, slacks and shoes. I got there 10 minutes early. I met the manager and we went into the back room, another manager came into the interview two.
    The overall interview was very short, 15 minutes which was how long the email had said it would go for. They only asked me 2-3 proper questions, and asked more questions in relation to my answers.
    When the interview finished, I didn't ask any questions, as I'd just gone for another Coles interview at a different location, and I left. Today I contacted them asking about the progress of my application. The manager was in a meeting so I asked if I could leave my name and number.

(NOTICE: As I'm writing this, I am still waiting to hear back about my application, I should hear back tomorrow or Friday, so I just clicked that I accepted the offer.)

Store Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geelong (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coles (Geelong (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied the job online on Sunday. After 2 days, I received a n email that I was in their short list. After 2 more days, I received a call that the interview would be on Saturday. I went there on time and had a 1 to 1 interview with store manager. It was an easy interview, when I left, she said it was her last day in the sore and the new manager would call me on the following Monday to arrange my training etc. I thought I got the job, but an email came on Monday that I did not get the Job.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Coles (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied in Febuary and got a call for an interview late march. Did an interview a few days after the call. I had come 10 mins early and waited outside for 5 mins and went in 5 minuets early. You will go to the front desk and the manager will walk down from the back.

When you first meet the manager i think it is important to shake his/her hand upon meeting. It took mine by surprise and im pretty sure that is what got me the job. They will take you into the back to the interview room for a one on one. The manager was friendly and seemed layed back.

I think it is important during the interview to make a bit of small talk. It shows that you have personality. With my manager when he asked what is customer service, he said offering help and not disappearing , i joked about how bunnings staff run to the end of the isle when a customer comes in (this was a risky joke because coles and bunnings are both owned by westfarmers) and he related to the joke. He also told me that there were 8 other applicants.

Got a call early the next week saying i had been offered the job. I start the induction in a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about one time you made a mistake and how you over came it.   1 Answer
    • what does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • what are the hours you are available?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Coles (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a phone call to go to coles store for an intervew. I was interviewed by a manager. It is an one to one interview. The manager first asked me to give a brief introduction of myself, and then he asked me about my past work experience and the reasons that I want to work for coles.

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gold Coast (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Coles (Gold Coast (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

Got to the interview around 10 minutes early, had to wait around for a good 20 minutes!
    The manager then came over to me after interviewing someone else...
    He was a really nice guy, and I didn't really feel nervous at all (I usually am)
    We just went into a special interview room and he asked what my availability was and asked me a few other personal questions. He then asked to see my birth certificate (gave him a photocopy) and also some Photo ID (License etc.)
    Only 1 REAL question was asked... And the interview only lasted around 15-20 minutes - it wasn't hard at all
    The manager told me he'd let me know in a few days if I got the job or not - there were a lot of people applying so I'm unsure

Interview Questions

• You see a group of girls in the makeup isle looking dodgy. You then see one of them put someone make-up in their bag, they then see that you are looking and sprint for the exit... What do you do?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surfers Paradise (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coles (Surfers Paradise (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on the 20th of March to Coles Surfers Paradise, and got an invitation to a group interview on the 29th. I arrived 15 mins early in business attire (a nice button shirt and black pants, formal shoes, hair tied back). And went up to the customer service desk. No one else showed up to the group interview, so it was more like a short single interview. Cyclone Debbie had just hit Queensland and there was rain and wind. I assume that's why no one else showed up. They went though my resume and asked about my skills and experience.

They offered me the job on the spot and invited me to the inauguration take following Monday (which is yet to happen). Because of my experience with subway after the Easter period (when they need more cashiers) they are going to move me to the Deli.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coles (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

I got an email and the manager called me the next day for an individual interview. I didn't get a reply after the interview so I emailed to the HR website and they replied me that I wasn't selected for that position. The processing time took a week.
    Overall it was an average interview.

Cleaning and Trolley Collection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sippy Downs (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coles (Sippy Downs (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job online, and I got an email saying that I need to schedule my interview and select the most suitable time for me from a list.

The interview was short and brief, no teamwork activities were organised.

The post didn't require prior experience.

The interviewer seemed like performing a memorised steps trying to get over it as fast as possible, and I think he achieved that successfully, he did everything from start to finish in about 20 minutes, interviewing 8 persons, and giving an overview about the post/ salary/ work hours including filling the forms as well.

Nightfill Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Coles (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online the website. Got a call about a month later saying I had an interview. Asked basic questions and had to leave them a photocopy of my license and passport. Got another call about 2 weeks after that saying I had the job.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies?
      Where and what do you study?
      Where was your previous place of work?
      Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coles (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Group testing process. Time limit on solving maths and customer scenarios. There was no typical interview as this was an entry level, casual job for check out at the Coles store. It was a skills test where they were looking for speed and accuracy. Out of the 40 applicants there was 8-10 people hired