Coles Customer Service Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Coles Customer Service Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2016

2.2

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coles (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Coles (Sydney).

I got a phone call 4 days after I applied. I had an interview 2 days after the call and then the next day I was told that I got a job. I was invited to induction for the next day.
The interview was 1 on 1. She mainly asked me about my availability.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Coles

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coles.

Interview

receive email communication inviting me to select a group interview time. Arrived at venue and was in a group of about 50 people, we were told we were the 4th group of the day. They separated you into tables of varying ages and demographics, we undertook group activities whilst about 7 managers around up looked on and monitored the room. After the interview it was about 2 weeks before i got a phone call from the manager offering me a job.

Interview Questions

• were asked to sell a coles branded product to the group, cheese and vegemite scroll   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coles (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. A month or so later I received an email regarding a group interview. Interview contained around 100 other people with about 8 on each table. Did the normal introduce yourself and then a couple group activities.

Interview Questions

• Your name, age, why you want to work for Coles etc.
      There was group activities where we had to sell a product to the group in under 2 minutes. Another activity was working together to put items in order from cheapest to most expensive.
      Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Coles (Adelaide (Australia)) in November 2015.

Interview

One on one interview, quite relaxed, went over application, hours available, personal details, previous employment history. I was asked to describe how I have handled a safety issue in either my previous employment or life. I was also asked to describe how I have participated as part of a team in the past. Customer service skills were highlighted as more important than past experience.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coles (Brisbane (Australia)) in July 2015.

Interview

I went to a group interview, they talked about what would happen if we got accepted, what the job was like, and we went around in a circle on our table and told each other a bit about ourselves. Then we did a group activity where we had to put in order a list of priorities of things happening all at once in the store (e.g. a child is lost, there is spilled drink on the ground, a customer needs help, you need to talk to your manager, your shift is over). Then we filled in details sheet and it was over.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coles (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in November 2014.

Interview

I have applied on 23rd October, 2014 and two days later I got email saying I have selected for the further next stage of recruitment. ( Hint to be selected is - write your availability FULL TIME ) And this email showed that what I have to bring with me If I get Called from Manager. And I got manager's call on 11th November for 1-1 interview which was on 13th october. Questions were mostly related to previous experiences of job. All questions were inter relating.
    1. Tell me about yourself.
    2.where did you work at n about for how much time ?
    3. What was your role ?
    4. Why did you left that positions ?
    5. Why you apply for this position ?
    6. Why do you want to work with coles ?
    7. Do you have any experience in retail s ?
    8. Tell me a time when you found something new about yourself ?
    9. Tell me a time when you worked smartly or any contribution to your work with your new n unique ideas, how did you implement that and what was the result ?
    10. Tell me a time when you had conflicts with anyone at work or in friends ?
    11. If given a chance, would you like to work with us on entry level basis or just do managerial tasks ?
    12. Are you prepare for manager role ?
    13. What is your availability ?
    14. Is there any condition which will effect your availability ?
    15. How would you welcome customers in your department ?
    16. How would you handle conflicts ?
    17. What would you do with spills ?

There was a large questioniarre to fill which took around 40 minutes for interview .
    follow up question was If you any question for me ?

Interview Questions

• Just remember be calm n have patience. Dont interrupt manager while he/ she talking, listen her fully. As this will show you are a good listener too, which is important for customer service. Even if you know answer let them complete before you talk.   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coles in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through the website on Saturday and got a reply on Sunday (because the application was closing on Saturday). The group interview was on Tuesday, out of the vicinity of the store, but at the office. I expected 10-30 people but there were 60-80! All sorts of people, applying for various positions at various locations.

// Group Interview //
    tldr; It was less about your answers and more about your behaviour.
    60-80 people seated at tables in groups of 6-7. We wrote out names big on name stickers. The facilitating lady (very humorous) made the Coles managers/representatives introduce themselves. They stood at one per table. From different Coles locations, which were hiring.
    Ran through a powerpoint about Coles, history, statistics, information.
    Activity: Introduce yourself to your group 1~2 minutes each! Quick and easy.
    Activity: Order these things in order of priority (someone else on glassdoor has mentioned this already) individually, then discuss and finalise answer as a group. Basically, safety and customers first!
    Activity: Brainstorm as a group what makes great customer service. Afterwards, describe it to the Coles representative for your table.

The last thing we did was fill out, well basically another application form. Don't bluff on it. We could apply for multiple locations (order them in order of priority). Fill out your availability. etc.

Overall it was fun, interesting to meet so many different people.
    Just be sociable and willing to interact with your group. Talk to them. Talk to the Coles person monitoring your table. Show that you're capable of being human.

Of course throughout, there were plenty of opportunities to ask questions.
    Some questions people asked were:
    - Is there any further training provided?
    - Can we apply at multiple locations?

// Individual Interview //
    The next day they called and asked me to go to the 1 on 1 interview. It was with the store manager. Overall a positive experience. Friendly person, easy to talk to. There were many questions. Not hard. But prepare yourself, think of examples BEFOREHAND of when you've demonstrated team-ish skills. You don't want to be sitting there rummaging through the archived files and memories of your life. We sat in a small room with a table and chairs. I love the table. Thank goodness for the table. I smiled a lot, maintain strong eye contact.

After 6 days they contacted me with acceptance.

// Tips //
    + A trick for maintaining steady eye contact: When you look at people, observe their eye colour.
    + Smile with your eyes, not just your mouth.
    + Don't worry, seriously.
    + Think of examples of your skills/qualities, keep them on your mind.
    + Talk to other people in the group interview, don't close yourself. Be open, take initiative.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of where you have shown safety first (something along the lines of)   Answer Question
    • Give an example where you have done something to improve or change yourself - in any aspect.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you had to word on a team towards a deadline.   Answer Question
    • What do you think makes great customer service?   1 Answer

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coles (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2014.

Interview

3 weeks process n got selected but i dont rememebr whole process now but be confident so get ready for the coles group nd be happy
    coles always need team member so good luck

Interview Questions

• I dont remember questions but it was easy selection process so no problems but I am sure you will get selected so no problem and be confident and remember coles always need people so u will get selected ok   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bunbury (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coles (Bunbury (Australia)) in September 2014.

Interview

was really short was only about five or ten minutes, they just asked me the basic questions. i first went to the front desk to tell them i was there for an interview, they then called for the manager but she never ended up coming so one of the full-time employees interviewed me. she was super nice and took me into a little room in the office and just asked me a few questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they agreed to letting me have weeks off when i had exams and stuff but overrall was straight forward

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coles in April 2014.

Interview

apply online, phone call, interview and offer