Coles Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Coles Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.3

Online Personal Shopper Interview

Interview

Group interview in which there were were divided into groups and was asked to discuss among the group. There was one examiner in the same table and she was observing each group member very closely,

Store Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coles (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied then the next day they got back to me saying i've been invited to attend an interview in 5 days. The manager sat me down in a room, he was reading my application that i did online with him and made sure everything was correct! then he asked me a few questions and basically we made small talk! just make sure you have good conversation skills.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coles (Adelaide (Australia)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was simple and easy. This was because I did massive amounts of research on the company (Coles) and prepared for the interview like questions. I prepared a game plan just in case. They ask a lot of questions regarding your personal life and questions relating to the job e.g what does customer service mean to you? So be ready in that sense. DRESS WELL. BUSINESS ATTIRE. No school outfit, please. The person who got interviewed before me wore his school outfit. They specifically ask for Business Attire in their email. You don't have to buy a whole new outfit for an interview but look put together.

Other than that the interview portion was simple. Be prepared for questions they will throw at you.

Interview Questions

• Any prior work experience?   Answer Question
    • What moment in time did you do the wrong thing?   Answer Question
    • Can you give us an example of good customer service? And how did that make you feel?   Answer Question
    • Can you give us an example of bad customer service? And how did that make you feel?   Answer Question
    • Why Coles (this questions simply indicates why do you want to work at Coles and why you chose Coles)   Answer Question
    • Availability   Answer Question

Coles Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coles in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online on a Sunday, recieved an email on Monday saying I've been shortlisted I then recieved a call on Wednesday saying I was successful for an Interview and they've been trying to call me since Monday. I locked down the interview for Friday. It was a very quick one on one interview with the manager just getting to know eachother and then she said she'd give me a shot and hire me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coles (Adelaide (Australia)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and get an email to book the interview. Interview was with area manager and it lasts for 15 minutes with all basic questions. They only look for a person with positive attitude and presentable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Any good example of excellent customer service from your past experience.   Answer Question
    • Also discuss about your availability and also discuss about the job profile   Answer Question

Night Fill Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairns (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coles (Cairns (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

Got job interview today , I was wearing white long sleeve with collar, black pants and black shoes, the interview went well. I was really nervous but they made me feel comfortable. A man and a lady manager interviewed me, they browsed my resume. And ask easy questions since I don't have any experience that I am applying for. Just be yourself and be honest.

Interview Questions

• When is the time that you take initiative? What is a good costumer to you and how do you feel about it?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mundaring (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coles (Mundaring (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

Probably only useful information for juniors. Very quick group interview, 12 of us highschool students. We had to briefly introduce ourselves from the questions: Your name, your favourite TV show, what you do in your leisure time then why you want to join Coles. Then we filled a form, asked some questions and done. There was 25 positions avaliable and I think almost everyone got the job.

Interview Questions

• ON PAPER: Describe a time you worked as a team   1 Answer

Operations Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coles (Brisbane (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

Process was simple - attended a state Assessment Centre, which was divided into two sessions. The first session involved working on 2 cases during the morning with a small group, to achieve the best outcome for the business. The second session was a 2 on 1 interview, during which a case study was analysed, and experiences were discussed.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coles (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Great day, friendly atmosphere. Applied online, followed process through Coles portal. Invited to assessment centre, select applicant make it though to afternoon session. Call of successful outcome the same week.

Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coles (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

First you have an online test where you have to answer a range of questions like What coles product would you be etc
    If you have progressed to the next stage you get an email update
    Assessment Centre Invite (full day 8 hours)
    2 weeks until you get an update from the company usually over the phone