Coles Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.8

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Online Personal Shopper Interview

Interview

Group interview in which there were were divided into groups and was asked to discuss among the group. There was one examiner in the same table and she was observing each group member very closely,

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Coles (Brisbane (Australia)) in September 2017.

Interview

I got the interview through my disability job search provider. A preliminary interview was conducted by them and then Coles did a follow up. It was implied that it was practically a sure thing. Coles saw me for fewer than ten minutes. I thought great, they're just checking the JSP picked good people. I was wrong. My disability is invisible and you'd never know from speaking to me. I expressed my confusion to my provider as I knew I'd presented really well and felt I should have landed a position. I asked, "Am I not disabled enough?" They were just as annoyed and suggested that, judging by the couple of people they did choose, that was indeed the case. Now having "equal opportunity" employers is a great idea, but here we have a company that is deliberately choosing ONLY people who LOOK disabled to fill their quota. This then becomes exploitation of disabled or intellectually impaired people in order to promote themselves. This is disgusting!

Night Fill Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairns (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coles (Cairns (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

Got job interview today , I was wearing white long sleeve with collar, black pants and black shoes, the interview went well. I was really nervous but they made me feel comfortable. A man and a lady manager interviewed me, they browsed my resume. And ask easy questions since I don't have any experience that I am applying for. Just be yourself and be honest.

Interview Questions

• When is the time that you take initiative? What is a good costumer to you and how do you feel about it?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coles in May 2017.

Interview

Put into groups of around 6 - 8 people and had to introduce ourselves including any previous experience we had.

Did some brainstorming/scenario based activities in a group with supervisors observing each group member.

At the end we filled out another application with availability and basic information.

Interview Questions

• How would you protect yourself if you were stuck in a Coles store during a zombie apocalypse?   Answer Question

Store Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geelong (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coles (Geelong (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied the job online on Sunday. After 2 days, I received a n email that I was in their short list. After 2 more days, I received a call that the interview would be on Saturday. I went there on time and had a 1 to 1 interview with store manager. It was an easy interview, when I left, she said it was her last day in the sore and the new manager would call me on the following Monday to arrange my training etc. I thought I got the job, but an email came on Monday that I did not get the Job.

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gold Coast (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Coles (Gold Coast (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

Got to the interview around 10 minutes early, had to wait around for a good 20 minutes!
    The manager then came over to me after interviewing someone else...
    He was a really nice guy, and I didn't really feel nervous at all (I usually am)
    We just went into a special interview room and he asked what my availability was and asked me a few other personal questions. He then asked to see my birth certificate (gave him a photocopy) and also some Photo ID (License etc.)
    Only 1 REAL question was asked... And the interview only lasted around 15-20 minutes - it wasn't hard at all
    The manager told me he'd let me know in a few days if I got the job or not - there were a lot of people applying so I'm unsure

Interview Questions

• You see a group of girls in the makeup isle looking dodgy. You then see one of them put someone make-up in their bag, they then see that you are looking and sprint for the exit... What do you do?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coles (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

I got an email and the manager called me the next day for an individual interview. I didn't get a reply after the interview so I emailed to the HR website and they replied me that I wasn't selected for that position. The processing time took a week.
    Overall it was an average interview.

Cleaning and Trolley Collection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sippy Downs (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coles (Sippy Downs (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job online, and I got an email saying that I need to schedule my interview and select the most suitable time for me from a list.

The interview was short and brief, no teamwork activities were organised.

The post didn't require prior experience.

The interviewer seemed like performing a memorised steps trying to get over it as fast as possible, and I think he achieved that successfully, he did everything from start to finish in about 20 minutes, interviewing 8 persons, and giving an overview about the post/ salary/ work hours including filling the forms as well.

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coles (Brisbane (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was a group interview of around 70 people. We were divided into groups of 10 and asked to complete group activities. This included decided how you would survive a zombie apocalypse, the managers of the store watched as we completed group activities.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coles (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email for a face to face interview. Arrived 20 minutes early and waited in hall. (eavesdropped on person before me lol) Person being interview before me finished early so I was called to come in a few mintues before i was scheduled. HR went through 10-15 questions and wrote down important notes from my answers. Many of my answers referred back to my previous work experience so he asked if he was allowed to call my referree (previous employee) after the interview had ended. Overall took about 10 minutes

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have made a mistake and what you did about it   Answer Question