Coles Web Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Coles

1 Interview Review

0.0

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coles (Melbourne (Australia)) in October 2018.

Interview

Very poor process, I applied online for a Web Developer role and was contacted a few days later over the phone by someone who didn't quite understand the role. This was apparent as I asked questions about what languages and processes are used at Coles but they couldn't answer these and told me they will follow it up with the Development team and contact me soon.

One week went by, so I contacted Coles and got a response, that they are waiting for an answer from the team, I continued to email them on a weekly basis and would receive similar answers, until I was told that the recruiter dealing with it has switched roles, and the new one will contact me.

Overall, I never received an answer as to what languages they use, I did receive an automated "sorry the job has been filled email" around 2 and a half months later. It was a very unprofessional experience and I would expect more from a company as large as Coles. I'm not sure what they base their recruiting on as it appears asking a question may have put me out of consideration for a job that I was very qualified for.

Interview Questions