Colgate-Palmolive Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colgate-Palmolive Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Piscataway, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

In my case, I was interviewed by a senior scientist. She only ask me questions about my background and things on my resume. The company culture seems really nice. The interview is really casual.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about your background , what do you see yourself in 5 years,   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Colgate-Palmolive

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Interview

It was a phone interview which was very brief about 30 minutes and was fairly straightforward. They asked me about my major, expected graduation date, interests, and what department I'd be a good fit in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (West Lafayette, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

Really basic questions. Very easy about your resume. Be friendly and outgoing and articulate. The interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to. Even complimented me on one of my responses and told me that if I had other interviews that day that I should say that same answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Interview

Took a few weeks all in. First round was a phone interview with HR. Very behavioral - walk me through your resume. Why Colgate? What position (more than 1 in the dept I applied to)? Tell me a time you analyzed a large data set. Then their "superday" in NY where all the interviewers asked the same questions drawn from a standard interview booklet. Make sure for each behavioral "Tell me a time" question, you have multiple stories ready to go. All my interviewers were nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• Why Colgate?
      Tell me a time you analyzed a large data set
      Tell me when you had to lead a change (from established processes)
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Asked about things on my resume, past Computer Science projects I've been involved in. Second interview was technical. Just asked me to explain a couple data structures and some questions on databases, which I didn't yet learn

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive in May 2014.

Interview

Initially there was a phone interview. He seemed to just want to know the type of person I was. Next there was a panel interview. Three people I would be working aside including my boss. Separate interview with each back to back. Mostly behavioral questions. Was finally given a tour of the facility. After which received offer 2 weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Rutgers, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Rutgers, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

I went to my university's career fair and spoke with the recruiter who was extremely nice. I was asked a few questions , minimum GPA etc. Was contacted later that day and told I had gotten the intern position. Great experience overall!

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with certain lab techniques.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Piscataway, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

Casual. I had two different people interview me and they were both nice. The reason for the interview is just to make sure you aren't too strange for them. I was hired mainly because of my flexible school/work schedule and availability. Overall it was fairly simple, but I realize I was in a good situation coming into the interview. I would say to just be happy and friendly since people seem to get promoted/get jobs who act that way, even if it's not quite the truth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Morristown, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

Two rounds, first with hiring manager and former intern, second with area VP

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge/what management style do you prefer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

The HR department was quite disorganized wiith the hiring and screening process. It took them over two months to issue out interview schedule after the deadline of the application. It took them over one month to issue out job offer notification after the interview.

Scheduling was terrible; poor communication with interview candidates; no notification that there could be an interview that is to be done over phone rather an in-person meeting.

The worst part was that when following up via phone. I get no return phone calls after leaving voicemails. When it is on the phone, they had no idea how far the screening process has progressed or how long it will take to give a definite answer. Very disappointed with the logistics and workflow of the HR department of a Fortune 500 company.

Quite the surprise and unexpected!

Interview asked many behavioral questions and background. Interviewers are are very courteous and professional in manner.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult problem at hand with a team of people?   Answer Question
Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Colgate-Palmolive Intern Interview Piscataway, NJ Tell me something about your background , what do you see yourself in 5 years,
Colgate-Palmolive Intern Interview Asked about my major/interests
Colgate-Palmolive Intern Interview West Lafayette, IN How did you deal with a tough situation
Colgate-Palmolive Intern Interview Why Colgate? Tell me a time you analyzed a large data set Tell me when you had to lead a change (from established processes)
Colgate-Palmolive Intern Interview Explain two data structures of your choice.
Colgate-Palmolive Intern Interview A leadership roll I played.
Colgate-Palmolive Intern Interview Rutgers, NJ Are you familiar with certain lab techniques.
Colgate-Palmolive Intern Interview Piscataway, NJ What would you consider your greatest weakness?
Colgate-Palmolive Intern Interview Morristown, NJ What was your biggest challenge/what management style do you prefer?
Colgate-Palmolive Intern Interview New York, NY How would you handle a difficult problem at hand with a team of people?