Colgate-Palmolive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colgate-Palmolive Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.9

Customer Development Interview

Interview

The interview followed the STAR method and was very behavioral. There were two 45 minute interviews that took place at my university. The first was with 2 people in HR and the second was with a Customer Development Manager. The interviews asked the same questions. The manager's interview was a lot more conversational.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were forced to ask a lot of questions?   Answer Question

Global Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Piscataway, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Two 30 minute segments: one with your hiring manager, the other with an HR representative.
    All questions were behavioral. Prepare examples for the common interview questions asked. Be ready to talk about your resume. Both employees were very professional, and listened well. Try to answers examples clearly and concisely. They mentioned, I would hear back in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• When did you discover a novel solution and were not able to apply it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Interview

Met with CP at our university job fair. Interviewed the very next day with two interviewers at once. They ask you standard behavioral questions (tell me about a time), ask questions regarding excel skills, but they also are looking for your personality. Be prepared to speak on previous experiences even if it's just part time jobs or extra curricular activities.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have using Microsoft excel.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Interview

It was a phone interview which was very brief about 30 minutes and was fairly straightforward. They asked me about my major, expected graduation date, interests, and what department I'd be a good fit in.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

I got recruited at the career fair and went for an in person interview.
    3 hours, i sat in their and they pretty much gave me a coding exam, after it was an hour and half of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Solve this coding problem.

Describe a time where you had a team member who wasn't pulling their weight?
      Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Interview

A very short phone interview with a recruiter. Scheduled via email through a school job board. Basic questions no star stories or behavioral questions. No case. Three or four questions after the walk me through your resume. Very loud typing. Didn't know many answers to specific Brand Management questions.

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Interview

The interview process was painless. Dissimilar to some companies the interviewers were nice and personable which made the process as easy as any other conversation. The interview took roughly 30 minutes and there was space allowed at the end to ask any questions. The interviewers were very responsive. The interviewers knew who I was before the interview started which was nice and thoughtful of them.

Interview Questions

• What is something you are weak at and how did you work on it?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Interview

Applied through the college career center; received an email that requested for the phone screen after 1 week -
    1 phone interview (With HR intern)

got invited for the in person interviews after 4 days -
    3 in person interviews ( 2 with finance directors, 1 with HR)

R&D Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive.

Interview

I did not have to formally interview to get the position. I submitted my resume to their website and was called a few months later asking if I was still interested in the position. The additional questions asked were verification of all things listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Are your qualifications listed on your resume all correct?   Answer Question

Operator Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (Morristown, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume, was contacted for a phone interview. After completing the interview I was sent to take a mechanical skills test. Had to sign a confidentiality form so I can't describe the test but I will say it was unlike anything I have ever done before. However after I got over the initial phase of the test it was smooth sailing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to make decisions with little or no supervision.   1 Answer