Colgate-Palmolive Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

3.1

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Insights Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY).

Interview

You apply and then you will receive and email of whether you made it to the next round or if you haven't. If you made it it will be HR asking when you can talk. You first talk to HR and they'll ask about your resume. If you pass that you'll then talk to the person you would be walking under, they will ask you more about your experience in the field. You'll then get a call from HR if you are accepted or an email saying you didn't.

Interview Questions

• What experience prepared you for this job?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process took 6-7 months and consisted of 3 rounds: 1-on-1 with HR, and 2 conference calls with respectively HR director of Africa, and General manager for the region of Africa you will be based out of. Colgate targets for this position western educated Africans with no more than 3 years of experience and with a Master degree.The whole interview process was shady, confusing, predatory, and disorganized. And after going through it, I felt that Colgate-Palmolive does not value African applicants. I do not know if other applicants' groups get better treatment but it was the general consensus among applicants I talked to.
    The first round happened in NY and was supposed to be a 2 day event with a networking event the eve of interview day which was a Saturday. Sadly, the networking event never happened on Friday and no emails were sent out to let us know ahead of time. We traveled from all over the US at our own expenses (tickets, hotel rooms, food, etc). I do not expect them to pay for our expenses or mine but I do expect them to be respectful of our time and money. Some of us took a day off from work. Anyways, on interview day, there were only 2 HRs for an important number of candidates that were called for interview day. Some applicants like me had a schedule time for their interview and others not so much. Needless to say they couldn't interview everybody invited. Mind you that all the applicants present for interview day were invited and were supposed to be interviewed. Applicants came from all over the US. I knew personally two people from Indiana that weren't and were asked to go home after 6 hours of waiting around.
    The position itself is an 18-month rotational program that can turn into permanency based on your performance on the job. The program info were very vague. The HRs couldn't tell us exactly what the position entailed and it looked very much like they were putting together the program as they went. An HR admitted that it was their first time rolling out such a program for Africa to recruit applicants from abroad. After going through the whole process, this is mostly a sales/marketing job. If you already work in the US, this job may not be for you and even if you are just a non/international student graduating from Grad school with prospects of going back home, this position may not still be for you. The annual salary offered is less than $10,000. You got that right, it is less than $10,000 per year! What a shame! This is extremely low and as far as I'm concerned very insulting. They will tell you that they can only pay you "local" salaries because they supposedly do not want to cause conflicts within the workplace with local employees. But hey, some will tell you it is capitalism. I have a better word, this is servitude! Why is Colgate recruiting from abroad then if they can't pay you above local salaries? Whoever thought that was a good idea? For the majority of us that came to the US to study or work, we are looking for better opportunities. If you can, just sit this one out. If you are desperate, take it. But just remember that your US education cost you way more than that meager salary and if you are experienced, you can commend way way better salary than this in Africa. In terms of benefits, they do not offer any but medical aid. They won't pay also for your plane ticket if you were to accept their offer. Now, imagine living on less than $10,000 per year. In the country I was to be based out of if I had accepted their offer, a decent accommodation in a decent neighborhood starts at $800/month. My whole experience was disappointing. A company that does not treat well its applicants, you can tell does not value its employees. At least based on my experience and those of others, they do not value African applicants. This process was a complete waste of time!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Why do you want to go back to Africa, Tell me about a time you didn't have all the resources at your disposal to perform a job function and what actions did you take, Where do you see yourself in 5 years,   Answer Question

Salary was insulting

Customer Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through the school and I was contacted within a couple of days for a phone interview. The interview was roughly 40mins just going through my resume and asking a couple of basic questions.

Worldwide Director, Strategic Brand Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was referred through a headhunter, who had an exclusive. I submitted a resume and had an interview a week later. I met with the person who would working right below. My position was a creative one, but he was not a creative. I found it a little odd I was never asked to show any work. I also met with an HR person who was very nice and easy to talk to. The offices were predictably corporate, but friendly. There were many indications that there was a strong culture there, and that people who were suited for such an environment would be happy.

Interview Questions

• "How would change us? Who would you hire?"   1 Answer
    • Someone from HR asked me to tell them a challenge I had to overcome.   1 Answer

Graduate Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

applied online and got the phone screening, after a week, was invited to on site interview with the hiring manager and HR. Overall, they are pretty nice and the questions are typical interview questions. HR will have a list of questions that he keep writing notes on it, feels weird tho.

Interview Questions

• Hr asked most of the behavior questions and hiring manager will go through your working experience, why do you want to work here,   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Associate Interview

Application

Interview

The standard process which brings HR, Two technical interview. They also do phone screening as well. They focus on behavior, communication and personal leadership skills. They also judge one's ability to work with others and how will i react under stress.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on campus and the first round was a phone interview. Not conversational at all, basically just ask and answer. It was about 15-20 mins but I felt it went very quick. The questions were all behavior questions, but some of my friends got accounting questions. I would say the interview was easy, but I was not well-prepared.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of your teamwork?
      Have you used Excel in any of your intern? and describe?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was conducted as a Competency Based Interview where the panel of interviewers typically asks the candidate to describe situations which will ultimately result in a response that will highlight competency and skill set appropriate for success in the job applied for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were faced with a conflict and how you worked to resolve it   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Contacted for an initial phone screen- no surprising questions there. She was very nice, but the interview seemed to go very fast. I wasn't expecting to, but I received a follow up email a week later requesting to set up another interview session (4 separate 1/2 hour interviews with 1-2 people interviewing for each one). I didnt feel like the professionals I spoke with were very enthusiastic about their career even when I asked them questions about themselves/the company/etc.

Global Marketing Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Colgate-Palmolive (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied & interviewed through campus recruiting. Had several networking events first, then had 1 45-minute first round interview with a Senior Mgr., & 2 45-minute second (and final)-round interviews, one with a Senior Mgr. and one with an HR mgr.
    Interviews were heavily fit-based - - they basically try to make sure that you will fit with the culture more so than try to figure out your experience (though, my experience aligned well with the role I was applying for.) They also certainly will ask questions regarding any "holes" in your skill set - - i.e. I have a quant background, so they asked for times I had to work creatively. (The reverse is true for friends of mine who interviewed without data analysis backgrounds.) Overall, they want you to do well & it was conversational in nature.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with ambiguity.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked on a difficult team & how you worked through conflict.   Answer Question
    • What accomplishment are you most proud of?   Answer Question