Collabera Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Collabera.

Interview

Reviewed my resume via phone. Asked about each position and for details on exact duties. Spent a lot of time trying to determine a match with the opportunity and my skill set.

Interview Questions

• Really tried to get me to state a salary/rate prior to telling me the range offered.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Collabera

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Collabera (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter towards the end of July. The recruiter told me that this was a contract to hire position. It was not ideal (no benefits while working as a consultant) but I decided to bite the bullet and just go with it.

The recruiter set me up for an interview with the client a week after our first conversation. He provided the date but forgot to let me know the location and I ended up having to ask him for this information. The client interviews were not difficult but they were not easy either. You had to know object oriented programming basics and be able to write code on the board.

I thought I did OK on the interview and did not think I would get the job. To my surprise the recruiter called me back and told me that the client was very impressed with my interview and that they still had a few more interview candidates to go through before making a decision.

What was annoying was the recruiter (who was obviously young and a bit green) would call me incessantly at all hours of the day and he wouldn't consistently follow up with e-mails. When I asked questions via email he would sometimes just not reply and instead try to call me as soon as he saw the email instead of continue the paper trail. Once he even asked me if I spoke Hindi and tried to initiate a conversation in Hindi but I politely cut him off and told him that I would prefer to have the conversation in English. He would also have other people in the organization call me and sometimes just not tell me about it. It was not clear why they were calling me and I think it would have been better if they stuck to having one point person. They definitely need to get more organized.

A week after my interview with the client the client confirmed that they wanted me. I told the recruiter that I was interested and that I was also waiting to hear back from other companies that I had interviewed with. They tried hard to get me to give a firm yes however I held back and told them that I needed to hear back from the other employers I had interviewed with. Even after saying this they decided that they did not want to wait and asked me to start the background check process. They also asked me to log online to fill out some forms (turns out that there are a lot of forms to fill out and far more than I have had to deal with at any other company).

I asked them to postpone the scheduled start date by one week because I was waiting to hear back from other employers and they refused saying that they needed to close this by the end of the month.
    They even tried to squeeze me on the pay by a couple of dollars an hour.

Finally one of the other employers I had interviewed with made an offer and one that I liked so I gave them a verbal acceptance and quickly emailed the Collabera recruiter letting him know that I was not going to take their offer. There was no email response from him.

The next day in the morning I got a call from a Collabera employee in my area. He told me that I had made him lose face in front of the client as he had told her that I had agreed to come on board (something I never did) and it seemed like he tried to make me feel bad over my decision to take the other job. I reiterated to the manager that I had made it clear that I was interested and that I had also told the recruiter that I was waiting to hear back from other companies I had interviewed with. He told me that by giving my SSN and other info that I had implied that I had agreed to take the job. I was getting rather annoyed and was wondering what the point of this conversation was all about. Finally I told him that I was not willing to discuss this any further and his last words to me were "well thats that then".

While the pay was decent I felt at times that they were desperate and also unprofessional and rather disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Why use a Singleton pattern when you can use a static class?   Answer Question

Got a better offer from another employer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Collabera (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

Process was very smooth. Multiple rounds happen. Recruiter was responsive all the time. Co-ordination with client for scheduling further round and update was good. Telephonic interview and cam interview were schedule as per my availability which was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Experience on current technology?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Collabera in January 2010.

Interview

They called me up and I could barely understand the recruiter. He pushed me hard to return all these forms filled out with references and rate. I got a pre-screening call with the IBM manager and he asked me a few technical questions. The collabera recruiter called me and asked me what they had asked me in the interview. It seemed odd to me that he took notes about the technical questions. I got the feeling he was doing it to pass it along to a friend of his so that he could get the job. The second interview never happened. I called the conference number and waited 15 minutes before getting disconnected. No one else called in as agreed. I see this as unprofessional and disrespectful. I don't want to deal with this company ever again.