Collaborative Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Collaborative Solutions

2.7

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online and the Talent Acquisition Manager reached out to me very shortly thereafter to schedule a 45-minute initial phone interview. The process then went as follows:

1) Talent Acquisition Manager interview: Standard first round interview questions, discussed why Collaborative, why Workday, why I was looking for a change in organizations, how I worked with others, if I was able to travel, challenges with past clients, likes / dislikes, etc...The next morning, I was asked if I wanted to proceed with a peer interview.

2) 60-minute phone peer interview a few days after the initial interview: A lot of double-sided questions, such as what were some really good experiences I've had, some really bad experiences I've had, things I do/do not like doing in the workplace, how I felt about a remote work environment. All in all the conversation was very positive and gave me a great opportunity to understand a day in the life of someone I'd be working with.

Was contacted at the end of the day by the recruiter to see how the conversation went and to schedule the manager interview.

3) 75-minute manager interview in-person, 2 weeks after the 2nd interview due to scheduling: Very casual and felt more like a conversation than an interview. Was asked about past change management, training and technical writing experiences and how those past experiences would fit into the role at Collaborative and what projects were like.

Was contacted the next day by the recruiter to schedule the final, director interview.

4) 60-minute phone call with the practice's director: Similar to the manager interview, very much like a conversation and to confirm I'd be a good fit for Collaborative. A lot of me asking questions about the role and its requirements, the practice and Collaborative.

The next day, I received a call from the recruiter telling me about the offer details, benefits and was getting final approval from senior staff on the offer. I received the offer shortly after the call and the official documentation for it shortly thereafter that!

Overall, the interview experience was very positive. Communication between each step was prompt, and each interview I had was very transparent about the inner workings of Collaborative, client-facing work and how teams work with one another.

Interview Questions

• A lot of culture-based questions to gauge how well you work with an internal team and with clients, how you've handled past experiences and how your past experiences match up to the job responsibilities in question.

No trick questions at all, everyone wants to get you know you, understand your motivation for applying to Collaborative and see if you are a good match!   Answer Question

People Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions (Pleasanton, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Great interview process! I had a phone screen with the recruiting manager and then went in for an in person interview the next week. Questions asked were very relevant to the position and some behavioral questions were asked as well. Very friendly interviewers - I met with three different people. Unfortunately I was not offered the position but the communication was very timely and overall a great interview experience.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions (Reston, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a quick and painless process, I applied on their website, spoke with the college recruiter(who was great!), and she set me up with another interview. There were multiple interviews with a few people in the company, asking different questions, to make sure I was a good fit. I believe there were 3 interviews total.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to relate the tasks in my former jobs to the job description they laid out.   1 Answer

Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

My interview consisted entirely of phone screens, as there were no technical staff in my part of the country at the time. I was asked to describe a multi-step procedure clearly and about my approach to troubleshooting, a few technical questions about xpath and XSL development, and web services in general. I spoke with three interviewers total, not including human resources staff.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember the specifics but it was about XSL functions that return sequences rather than single values.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I though the offer I received was pretty fair overall, didn't counter.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward, I had about 4 phone/skype interviews. They didn't ask any questions out of the ordinary. Everyone I spoke to gave insight into the company and details as to what they expected of the role. They also spoke highly of their culture and executive team. They definitely wanted to find the right fit for both the organization and myself. The recruiter I worked with was amazing! She was respectful and always got back to me in a reasonable amount of time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Collaborative Solutions Response

Jul 16, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your great experience! We really pride ourselves on our energetic and positive company culture and open door policy with our leadership team. Welcome to... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions (Reston, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

This was my best interview experience as I was job searching! The process was very straight forward and I was always able to get in touch with my recruiter.The communication was open and the questions I was asked were relevant to what I would be doing in the position. During my second interview I was supposed to have a phone call with a team member that ended up having a family matter they had to step away for at the last minute so the President & COO of the company jumped on the phone with me, while he was traveling, to conduct my second interview. How cool! I felt really valued and it was great to see that Collaborative really cares about their candidates and respects their time. Overall, my recruiter did an amazing job communicating with me on where I was in the process and each interview felt like a conversation where they were getting to know me and my skills vs. question after question feeling like I was being quizzed. Great interview experience!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your current position?
      What skills have you learned that would help you in this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate my offer because it was a really great offer to begin with.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions in April 2015.

Interview

Very fast and straight-forward interview process; I was contacted the day after applying and had four interviews over the course of a few weeks. I had a phone screen with a recruiter first, then had Skype interviews with members of the marketing team, and ended with an interview with the VP of Marketing. The recruiter was so friendly and informative, and especially quick to respond. Nothing out of the ordinary in terms of questions, just be yourself! Everyone was extremely inviting and it seemed to be a great culture fit along with awesome benefits, so my decision to accept was easy.

Interview Questions

• In-depth questions on previous work experience/education   Answer Question

Collaborative Solutions Response

Jul 16, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

We're so happy to hear that you had a great interview experience with us! It's great to have you as a Collabie!

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions in November 2011.

Interview

Interview process was awesome. I completed three phone interviews, with one being the person who would be my mentor. The same day I completed my last phone interview, I was contacted by HR with my offer, in addition to the individual explaining the employer benefits, which are awesome.

I must say, everyone I spoke to during my hiring and interview process confirmed that Collaborative was the company to be employed for.

Interview Questions

• During the interview process, the most difficult question was around technical experience, in which I was coming from a more functional background. However, the best approach is to always relate what you currently do to what they are asking, and everything will be fine!   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was what I was expecting from being a first time consulting, so I was pleased with the initial offer.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

The process took around 4 weeks. I had 2 Skype interviews with different members from different offices. They did not reach back to me or give me feedback on how the interview process went.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions (Tampa, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

First is a Recruiter screening, and I then did two Skype interviews that were fairly easy and went really well. I received an email about a week later saying they were moving forward with other candidates. About a week after I received a phone call saying they were opening up more spots within the program and I was selected to do another phone call with the Director. Not only did they not get back to me with an interview with the director they also told they decided to not open up anymore spots. Horrible experience,they take you through the entire process get your hopes up and end up not even following through with their original decision. I would think twice about applying here.

Interview Questions

• Work Experience, Behavioral questions, and where do you see yourself.   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Collaborative Solutions (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was relatively straight forward and short. It started with a phone interview with a recruiter. There was nothing out of the ordinary in terms of questions - a basic conversation about prior experiences, etc. The next step was an in-person interview with the hiring manager. Again, nothing out of the ordinary. It was a great conversation with a natural flow - didn't feel like an interview at all! Following my in-person meeting, I had subsequent phone conversations with a variety of folks whom I would be working with should I be offered the position. Each person had their own interview style but all were very professional, yet personal. The recruiter kept me informed of the status of the process at all times and was extremely responsive. Overall, it was a great interview experience that truly led me to accept the offer!

Interview Questions

• There weren't any questions that were difficult. I would say the most surprising element of the interview was when one of the interviewers asked me to have a mock phone presentation as though he was a prospect and I was selling him something.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was a negotiation on salary and start date.