College Board Interview Questions in Reston, VA | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2016

2.9

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College Board (Reston, VA).

Interview

I was introduced to the company through a Recruiter who arranged a phone interview with the company. I had the phone call where I was asked to tell the interviewer about myself and why do I think I qualify for the position. I was given a work situational question. I was told there is no right or wrong answer. The interviewer said the question's purpose is so he can hear my analytical and problem solving thought process. The following week I had a 1:1 meeting with the hiring manager. A few days later I had another interview with his manager and about 48 hours later I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• - How do you deal with difficult people. Give me an example.
      - What do you like and don't like about your current position
      - Why do you want to work for The College Board
      - I was given a hypothetical work situational scenario and asked how I would solve it..
      Answer Question

Senior Requirements Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I interviewed at College Board (Reston, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Approximately 30 minute interview with the hiring manager (one-on-one), followed by another approximately 30 minute interview with some members of the team (panel format).

Interview with the hiring manager was more of a conversation of what I would be doing; I also went through my resume/experience/background. Manager came prepared for the interview and was very thorough--we reviewed all of my experience. Pleasant conversation.

Interview with the team members was more of your typical interview format--I went over my resume/experience/background again. The physical setup of the room was a bit odd--there was no table, so we eventually ended up sitting around this open space/void. I had a lot of difficulty understanding the intent (i.e., reading between the lines) of the questions of one interviewer--I would answer one way only to find out that the interviewer was looking for a completely different answer. For the other team members I didn't have any issues with properly answering their questions. Everyone seemed prepared for the interview.

I know that College Board gets rather poor Glassdoor ratings (overall 2.8 as of this review), but I wasn't able to discern why from my interview. The office facilities in Reston seem decent (from what I saw walking into the interview). The two people I did ask had been with College Board for many years and didn't seem interested in leaving. Maybe the team I was interviewing with was an anomaly within the overall organization and is a better place to work at then the rest of the organization?

Interview Questions

• Questions about your resume/background, how to be a good requirements analyst   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at College Board (Reston, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

First there was a brief phone interview. Then they brought me in to interview with HR. However, one Director and two Associate Directors were there as well. Each Director took turn asking questions. Then I interviewed with HR. The in-person interview lasted about an hour and a half. Overall it went well, but at one point the Director was distracted by her cellphone which really bothered me.

Customer Case Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at College Board (Reston, VA).

Interview

Applied on-line and an HR representative reached out to schedule a phone screening. After the phone screening I was called an interview. I first met with the HR representative for a one-on-one interview and directly after I had a panel interview with the heads of the department I applied for. After the interviews I was asked to complete a skills assessment (approx. 1hr)

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Board (Reston, VA).

Interview

Most unprofessional interview I've ever had. HR lined up more than a dozen candidates in the same room, waiting for hours for the technical interviews. It is like a "gladiator" scene. After surviving the farce of the first round, I was called back for management interview. The questions were vague, CTO (or is it CIO?) was a no show. Received a curt email from HR that I was no longer in the run.

Months later, HR contacted me for the same job. Are you kidding?

Support Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Board (Reston, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was brief and to the point as far as my skill set and what I am looking for. No pressure or intimidation was used during the interview. Very open and flexible to speak with the interviewer and they allowed me to feel comfortable. I was told details of the position and what is expected of me if I were to be a part of the team.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about The College Board?   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I had two round of interview process,telephonic and face to face. whole process took less than 2 weeks. interview process was very smooth and very generic technical questions as well as questions regarding my previous experience, they also asked me if I was willing to learn thing .

Interview Questions

• how is troubleshooting of virtual machine different from physical machine.   1 Answer

Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Board (Reston, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

I had one phone interview with the manager I would be reporting to. It was straightforward with basic questions about my qualifications, experience, etc. Once that was done I came in for an In-person interview where I was interviewed by three team members individually. Once that was completed I got an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What sort of IT skills do you have or want to learn while working for the College Board?   Answer Question

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at College Board (Reston, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

had to take javascript and CSS 20 minute online test. Then a technical - phone interview. And then a face-to-face interview. I was asked to write javascript code to reverse the order of the string="apple". A question on css -list with image. On how to align the image with text inside <li> element. I was not prepared for writing code and so got mixed up. If I was prepared, I definitely would be working for College Board.

Interview Questions

• The interviewee started off by saying - get ready to write some code.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at College Board (Reston, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

Hiring manager called and set up a phone interview with the department manager. Spoke with the dept manager about the projects we would be working on and my background (30 min phone call) and received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-Negotiable