College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors Interview Questions

Updated Dec 18, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Mercer Island, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors (Mercer Island, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was greeted by the owner of the company and we discussed the lovely weather, it really is a lovely day today. Then she asked me what I had discussed via email with another lady, and the interview just kind of flowed with the conversation

Interview Questions

• She asked me what age group I prefer to work with. She asked me if I had any allergies or fears when it came to animals. Oh and She asked me the most challenging part about dealing with kids, say, at my last job.   1 Answer

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors (Tustin, CA).

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. The manager wanted to get to know me personally and my overall experiences with working with children. Usually, by this point, the manager is already interested in hiring you so interviewing is more about getting to know you and which area you would fit better- as a nanny or a tutor or both.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with children with autism or special needs before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors (Edina, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was easy. They asked about experience, gave scenarios, and presented their "values". The interview itself took no longer than 30 minutes. When the interview was over I was hired on the spot.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted quickly by the current recruiter which was nice and had a phone interview. I was visiting the area (will be moving) and was able to come in for an interview sort of last minute. The interview was all right, I met with a manager from the Austin area and she was pleasant enough. They don't offer competitive pay or benefits which was an issue right away, but I told them through the entire process that I can be negotiable and to keep me in the loop. The woman I interviewed with assured me they would keep me posted. That was over a month ago and I haven't heard anything since. I have emailed the woman I interviewed with and the owner ( a few times) and radio silence! I think this is so unprofessional. Don't waste your time interviewing with this unprofessional company!

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Roughly a 2 hour interview. First part is a traditional interview with the owner of the San Antonio branches. Search any standard list of interview questions, that will pretty much be it. The second part is acting like your interviewer is a student, and tutoring them on a selection of questions relevant to the subjects you have specified you are comfortable tutoring in.

Family Placement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors.

Interview

I applied on Indeed then the co-owner gave me a call to discuss the position. Within a few days a interview with both owners. A week later a second interview with both owners and Role Model Manager with solutions to three scenarios and turned in references.

Family Placement Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors.

Interview

Started with phone interview, then two in person interviews. Things were great until i asked about vacation time and benefits. No one called me after the second interview, which is probably for the best! I feel more grateful for the company I work at now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

Before submitting a resume, they have you go through a list of about 100 words and check off ones that describe you as a person. They were all descriptors like "anxious", "friendly", "extrovert", etc. After you submit that, the list of the same words comes back, and you check off all the words that describe qualities you needed in your last job. Once you've finished, you upload your resume only (no cover letter) and you're done applying.I was contacted by email to set up a time later in the week for a preliminary phone interview.
    She let me know in the email that the interview would take about 30 minutes, it took about 20. She gave ample time for me to ask questions at the end, and gave thorough answers.
    After the interview, she told the that she would review the information and give me a call at the end of the next week with the next steps.
    I didn't receive a call, or any other information to let me know they went a different direction.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about yourself
      -Went through my resume with me and asked questions about responsibilities listed from former jobs
      -In what areas do you excel?
      -What do you NOT like to do/ What are you NOT interested in?
      -What are your career goals?
      -Describe how your old bosses would rate you and why (all former bosses that were listed on the resume)   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors (Spring, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Rather informal, as part of the interview is getting a real feeling for your behavior. The only thing to be aware of really is that you are going to be talking for a very long time while you are in there to answer all the individual personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Be able to tutor the quadratic equation to the interviewer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. It took about 20 to 30 minutes to complete. The questions were your basic interview questions. After the interview, the company performed background checks as well as reference checks.

Interview Questions

• 1, Name an obstacle that you've had to overcome. How did you overcome it?
      2. Why do you want to work for College Nannies and Tutors