College Nannies and Tutors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.0

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted quickly by the current recruiter which was nice and had a phone interview. I was visiting the area (will be moving) and was able to come in for an interview sort of last minute. The interview was all right, I met with a manager from the Austin area and she was pleasant enough. They don't offer competitive pay or benefits which was an issue right away, but I told them through the entire process that I can be negotiable and to keep me in the loop. The woman I interviewed with assured me they would keep me posted. That was over a month ago and I haven't heard anything since. I have emailed the woman I interviewed with and the owner ( a few times) and radio silence! I think this is so unprofessional. Don't waste your time interviewing with this unprofessional company!

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Roughly a 2 hour interview. First part is a traditional interview with the owner of the San Antonio branches. Search any standard list of interview questions, that will pretty much be it. The second part is acting like your interviewer is a student, and tutoring them on a selection of questions relevant to the subjects you have specified you are comfortable tutoring in.

Family Placement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors.

Interview

I applied on Indeed then the co-owner gave me a call to discuss the position. Within a few days a interview with both owners. A week later a second interview with both owners and Role Model Manager with solutions to three scenarios and turned in references.

Family Placement Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors.

Interview

Started with phone interview, then two in person interviews. Things were great until i asked about vacation time and benefits. No one called me after the second interview, which is probably for the best! I feel more grateful for the company I work at now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

Before submitting a resume, they have you go through a list of about 100 words and check off ones that describe you as a person. They were all descriptors like "anxious", "friendly", "extrovert", etc. After you submit that, the list of the same words comes back, and you check off all the words that describe qualities you needed in your last job. Once you've finished, you upload your resume only (no cover letter) and you're done applying.I was contacted by email to set up a time later in the week for a preliminary phone interview.
    She let me know in the email that the interview would take about 30 minutes, it took about 20. She gave ample time for me to ask questions at the end, and gave thorough answers.
    After the interview, she told the that she would review the information and give me a call at the end of the next week with the next steps.
    I didn't receive a call, or any other information to let me know they went a different direction.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about yourself
      -Went through my resume with me and asked questions about responsibilities listed from former jobs
      -In what areas do you excel?
      -What do you NOT like to do/ What are you NOT interested in?
      -What are your career goals?
      -Describe how your old bosses would rate you and why (all former bosses that were listed on the resume)
      Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors (Spring, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Rather informal, as part of the interview is getting a real feeling for your behavior. The only thing to be aware of really is that you are going to be talking for a very long time while you are in there to answer all the individual personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Be able to tutor the quadratic equation to the interviewer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. It took about 20 to 30 minutes to complete. The questions were your basic interview questions. After the interview, the company performed background checks as well as reference checks.

Interview Questions

• 1, Name an obstacle that you've had to overcome. How did you overcome it?
      2. Why do you want to work for College Nannies and Tutors
      3. Tell us about your experiences working with children
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors (Cleveland, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied 2 months ago and completely forgot. I got an email asking did I want to work for the family and then I came in for an interview. The interview was fast and easy I got an email the same day and found out I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What type of volunteer work have you done?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I applied online. The next day my placement management contacted me about meeting up for a one on one. We met at a Starbucks, she asked me standard questions that any employer as well as any parent would ask a childcare professional. After the interview she sent me the link for the background check and instructed me on where to go for the drug test. Once I completed and passed both she offered me the position and began the placement process.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been working in childcare?
      What type of activities are you interested in?
      Are you CPR certified?
      Do you have any traffic violations or car accidents on your record?
      3 Answers

Biology Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted late at night by phone at about 11 pm. I was asked a few brief questions about my education, experience, why I applied for the job. Then there was a brief discussion about the pay rate I was expecting and how I was going to show up to work (means of transportation) We then agreed on a date for a face to face interview. The personal interview lasted less than 3 minutes, I was asked a few questions about my resume then told I'd only be working 3-4 hours a week so I left.