College Nannies and Tutors Tutor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

College Nannies and Tutors Tutor Interview Questions

2.4

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Roughly a 2 hour interview. First part is a traditional interview with the owner of the San Antonio branches. Search any standard list of interview questions, that will pretty much be it. The second part is acting like your interviewer is a student, and tutoring them on a selection of questions relevant to the subjects you have specified you are comfortable tutoring in.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for College Nannies and Tutors

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors (Spring, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Rather informal, as part of the interview is getting a real feeling for your behavior. The only thing to be aware of really is that you are going to be talking for a very long time while you are in there to answer all the individual personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Be able to tutor the quadratic equation to the interviewer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors (Woodbury, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

An hour long interview with manager asking about resume and previous work experience. They ask about what we want from this job and what we want in return. They also tell you about what things to expect on the job as well as what is expected out of the worker.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors (Kansas City, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy interview. The supervisor first called for a quick phone interview and then had me come in the next day for paperworking signing and orientation. I could get students after that, pending passing a background check (which didn't take more than a few days). It was a very relaxed process with most of the questions coming over the phone instead of the in-person screening.

Interview Questions

• Describe why you are a good mentor figure.   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors.

Interview

Strange, not really an interview but a sales pitch for the company (franchise). Started with a phone interview, then a 1:1 with the director. Total interview time, max 1hr combined phone, 1:1, and paperwork. Job offer was same day.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors (Bethesda, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

First there was a brief phone interview. She asked me about my experience with different subjects. I then came in for a face to face a few days later. There is no free parking and it took me a while to find somewhere to park. I was a few minutes late, but the manager was very nice and understood. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. The manager made me feel comfortable and at ease.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors (Tucson, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview with basic questions based on my resume. Then, when I went in for a one-on-one interview the interview questions were more behavioral and personality based. My boss asked me questions on how I would react in certain situation and certain experiences and I responded to them.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me to answer was where I see myself in five years. I have many different plans so it was difficult to come up with an exact plan.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed in a coffee shop. Asked about my experience as a tutor and in child care. Mostly expected questions.

Anonymous Employee in Mercer Island, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors (Mercer Island, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

I responded to an ad on Craigslist and then gave her my college GPA and resume. The interview was fine. She asked for my transcript and also asked some basic tutoring behavioral questions. I felt like I was already qualified as an engineering major and she was just going through the list of questions. Later she had to check all three of my references and apparently grilled them pretty hard before she offered me the position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

She told me 15 dollars an hour when the ad said 15-18. Felt cheap. Didn't ever work one hour for them anyway.

Anonymous Employee in Wayzata, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at College Nannies and Tutors (Wayzata, MN) in February 2011.

Interview

Applied online and received an email shortly after asking to schedule a time for an interview. The interview was very laid back (but still professional). Questions asked were about experience with tutoring and subjects of tutoring. We discussed how the tutorial sessions work (in office and at students' homes) and other company information. Within a few days I received an email with a job offer including the pay information.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been tutoring?   Answer Question
    • What subjects are you most comfortable in?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation where a student did not want to do the work during a tutorial session?   Answer Question