College Pro Owner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.5

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at College Pro (Eau Claire, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

One in person interview, next is a phone interview, then an interview with the VP who will eventually decided if you are a good fit. It was pretty straight forward and they were looking at filling positions quickly.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at College Pro (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was rigorous and decisive. It consisted of a conversion call, an information session, two interviews, a Vice President approval call, and a final decision call. The interview process tested your patience and was very thorough to ensure you were fit for the role.

Interview Questions

College Pro Response

Oct 25, 2016 – Community Manager

Thanks for sharing these details, Indianapolis!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College Pro (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was really good. I loved to have a discussion with the hiring manager. He was really resourceful and open minded. Mainly they want to know about person's value and core beliefs.

Interview Questions

• Mainly they asked about my values and things I have done. College GPA does not matter   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College Pro (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

3 step interview process. 2 phone interviews. One with recruiter before in person interview and one after in person interview with VP of Region. You are expected to call back for follow ups between each of the three steps of the process. Pretty quick moving process and you hear back within reasonable time frames.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a challenge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Pro (Hopkinton, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

you have a phone interview, then a 1:1 with a manager then 1:1 with vp of company

Interview Questions

• why did I not make any money with as much work as i put into my company and makeing over $60,000 profit for the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College Pro (Green Bay, WI) in September 2010.

Interview

The interviewing process was very in-depth. It took multiple interviews and multiple call-backs to reach a verdict. The interview process forced me to think outside the box a little more and made me really stretch for my motivations, dreams, and goals. It was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Name the most difficult situation you've ever been in and how did you adapt to fix it?   Answer Question
    • Here is a phone on the table. Can you sell me the phone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate which area I would run in Green Bay. Seniority rules in the matter, so for future applicants, just take that into consideration.

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College Pro (Iowa City, IA) in November 2008.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a job fair and they got back to me within a week. I had a phone interview/ info session that lasted about 45 minutes and was offered a second interview. The interview lasted about 1 hour and the guy who interviewed me was great. I accepted the job.

Anonymous Employee in Southbury, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at College Pro (Southbury, CT) in October 2008.

Interview

It began with a phone interview.
    Next we went to the office and they asked a lot about leadership and sales experience. Also about business and time management.

Anonymous Employee in Walla Walla, WA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at College Pro (Walla Walla, WA) in February 2008.

Interview

It started with a informational interview which was more geared towards selling the benefits of the position to me and how it would advance my future career goals. I was intrigued and scheduled for the first interview which was primarily conducted by the General Manager of the region. I did not have to speak with any other manager. The process involved a data pack which took me 2 hours to complete. The second interview was a more in depth, one on one experience. The interview was overall comfortable and the questions were searching for my motivation and commitment to this line of work.Finally I was given a call at a scheduled time and offered the job. I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions regards past work experiences. For example, Tell me how you demonstrated leadership in your past employments?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If anything, I was able to negotiate the territory of my business. Overall it was a great personal experience and allowed me to really gain real world experience as a college student. The overall level of responsibility and training were my favorite aspects of the position. However, it is risky and students have lost money doing this job. But if you have a good General Manager and you are motivated to hit goals then you should be fine.

Franchise Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College Pro (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was based off 3 interviews. But once you get to the last one, they quickly run through the contract and do not give you time to run it by anyone so they can catch you in their scam. I was given a very brief run through of the contract and told I had to sign it that day right then or they would hire someone else. I was desperate for money and just figured my interviewer was not really qualified to be doing the interview, but everything they explained lined up so I accepted the offer-- WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE!