College Pro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.4

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at College Pro (Rochester, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

There was a long application that was given with a timeframe of three weeks to complete it. There were multiple stages of the process starting with a career meeting regional Vice President, an interview with the VP, then an interview with the President.

Painter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at College Pro (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2014.

Interview

The local manager called me and asked minor questions like what I wanted in a summer job and what school I was at. Then we set up an interview time. In the interview he explained all of the areas of the job including expectations, hours and pay and asked if I wanted to apply for one of his positions. Then he gave me a more formal interview and making sure I would be a good fit. The questions were fairly easy and it was pretty short. After the interview I was asked to make a decision call and he gave me an exact time to call him. Once I got the job, I had to give him information so he could put me in payroll and the insurance. Then the training starts. Hope this helps!

Franchise Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Pro in March 2014.

Interview

It was a straight forward interview with typical strength and weakness, organizational, and openness to learning questions. It was a 3-step interview with the local recruiter, GM, then VP of the division.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed, and how did you come back from it?   Answer Question

Painter Interview

Interview

one interview hired on the spot

Job Site Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at College Pro.

Interview

Very short, one phone call then a meeting with the franchise manager

Interview Questions

• What do you know about paint and painting houses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Franchise Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College Pro (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

3 step interview process. 2 phone interviews. One with recruiter before in person interview and one after in person interview with VP of Region. You are expected to call back for follow ups between each of the three steps of the process. Pretty quick moving process and you hear back within reasonable time frames.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a challenge.   Answer Question

Exterior Painter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at College Pro (Columbus, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview experience was a brief over the phone and very simple. I didn't meet the manager until the first day. They basically want to know if you're willing to work hard and and if you are afraid of heights.

Painting Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at College Pro (Tacoma, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

I met with the franchise manager once and heard back about a week later. I was asked basic interview questions: what are your biggest strengths and weaknesses, tell me about your self, when are you available. I think that the manager was just looking for someone he thought would do well and that he could get along with.

Job Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at College Pro (Rochester, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was brief as I went to a job site and approached the manager directly and we had a miniature interview right there on the spot. It was a unique type of interview as it was me who brought it to him as an interested individual who was looking for employment.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for CollegePro?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at College Pro (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

After a short application process I received a short phone interview. After the phone interview there was a few emails sent back and fourth between the recruiter and I. After that there was an in-person interview that was quite casual and short. Basic questions were "What are your financial goals" and "How would you deal with a customers complaints".