College Pro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

College Pro Interview Questions

Interviews at College Pro

2.4

Painter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Pro.

Interview

First I received a phone call and had brief phone interview and was asked some person questions. Then we scheduled an in-person interview in which we met at a local coffee shop.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer
    • Give me a helicopter view over the last 4 years of your life. What have you done?   Answer Question

College Pro Response

Jan 15, 2018

Happy to see you've accepted the offer and are a part of the College Pro team!

Painter Interview

Interview

one interview hired on the spot

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at College Pro (Eau Claire, WI) in May 2009.

Interview

Applied online through Craig's List. Was contacted via e-mail and asked to call to schedule an interview. One-on-one interview in a local restaurant. Very relaxed. The Franchise Manager was very ambitious and intelligent, but paying employees became an issue a few months into working there. Bonuses paid for gathering clients committed to a free estimate of service. $20 cash on the spot for each lead, which was nice. Downside was that we were required to search for leads after working a full day, which was very tiring.

Interview Questions

• What time is your first class?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to perform physically-demanding work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. Although my team was given a raise as we were the best team our Franchise Manager had at the time, and he wanted to reward/retain all of us.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at College Pro (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2014.

Interview

The local manager called me and asked minor questions like what I wanted in a summer job and what school I was at. Then we set up an interview time. In the interview he explained all of the areas of the job including expectations, hours and pay and asked if I wanted to apply for one of his positions. Then he gave me a more formal interview and making sure I would be a good fit. The questions were fairly easy and it was pretty short. After the interview I was asked to make a decision call and he gave me an exact time to call him. Once I got the job, I had to give him information so he could put me in payroll and the insurance. Then the training starts. Hope this helps!

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at College Pro (Deerfield, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Had 15 minute interview at restaurant to make sure I wasn't completely incompetent. Seemed like it was just a formality as my friend vouched for and referred me to his boss. This is a summer job for kids in/going into college, and it's absolutely not worth it even if you've already had some exterior painting experience. If that's the case, get a job with a real painting company.

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at College Pro (Iowa City, IA) in June 2014.

Interview

It was very brief, we met at a current job site and he had a few questions for me, showed me what the work environment was like, and who I could possibly be working with.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at College Pro (Iowa City, IA) in February 2012.

Interview

I discovered the position on the University of Iowa Jobnet and sent my cover letter/resume to the manager via e-mail.

The manager left me a voicemail message and sent me an e-mail to schedule a brief interview.

After the manager and I scheduled the interview (time and place), I met with him halfway through the week.

The interview was purely personal and informational. The manager wanted to learn more about myself and discussed more of what the job entailed.

Once he asked whether or not I was interested in the job, then he dove into the specifics, collected my contact information, and created my work schedule.

The job interview was very easy!

If this is your first job, then it will be a great resume builder!

Interview Questions

• When can you work? (Asking for availability)   2 Answers

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. You receive the salary you begin with.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Pro (Lombard, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. The interviewer was friendly and informative! I clicked with them right away and knew it would be a great place to work. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation at a previous job where there was conflict and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

College Pro Response

Jan 31, 2018

So happy to hear it was a great experience and you accepted the offer!

Student Painter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at College Pro.

Interview

A student recruiter came to one of my classes with a notepad to offer opportunities for a summer job. If you give your information they will call and set up a time to see you. Usually it will be in a group of 3 or 4 people and you be asked general questions of your work ethic and working background. If you have answer with any sort of competence or willingness he/she will send you on to the interview.

The interview will be with your area's head executive or whatever they'd like to call it. He will basically ask you questions pertaining to sales since that is really what you will be doing. If you show you can present any social skill you will most likely be offered the job. The interview was not very long, about 30 minutes.

Field Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at College Pro (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

They took the time to have three different executives interview me and went through a thorough application to make sure the position was going to be a good fit. They challenged me at each step, make sure that I knew what I was getting into and how important the commitment was. All the details and every question was answered in depth, and I felt very comfortable by the end to accept their offer.