College Pro Painter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

College Pro Painter Interview Questions

Interviews at College Pro

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Newberg, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at College Pro (Newberg, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

Started with a brief phone call, followed by an in-person interview at a local coffee shop. The Franchise Owner in Newberg, Oregon guided me through his expectations and made it very clear what he was looking for in an employee. This meeting was followed up with a phone call, where I found out that I got the job, and a brief second meeting to go through the paperwork. All in all, I felt taken care of and I felt I knew what to expect.

Interview Questions

College Pro Response

Feb 26, 2018

Thanks for the review! All the best.

Other Interview Reviews for College Pro

Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at College Pro (Royal Oak, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Very easy. Im pretty sure they were on a short timeline to hire people. We had numerous people come in and out and they barely had any experience. Don't get too stressed out if you are worried about the job, but i do recommend that you look for something else especially something more reliable.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to paint?
      Are you scared of heights?
      If you show up, even with no experience was so ever, they will hire you   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at College Pro (Bend, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

Over the course of three different communications, first a phone call - I was asked some basic questions, and then we set up a formal interview. I had an interview at a local coffee shop. The franchise owner was professional, and asked me about myself and my experiences the past 3 years in chronological order. She asked questions on some things I said, it threw me off but Im sure she had a reason. We went over what the job was exactly, the hours, the pay and how the pay worked. they call it piece-rate. then we talked a little bit about the business and the goals and my goals for how much money I wanted/ need to make. she asked a few final questions and then we set up a time that I had to call her for a decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you've been doing the past three years in chronological order. so from (at the time) 2014 until now. This can be work, school, activities, etc...   1 Answer

Jan 28, 2019 – Marketing Assistant

Thanks for the review and welcome to the College Pro family!

Painter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at College Pro.

Interview

First I received a phone call and had brief phone interview and was asked some person questions. Then we scheduled an in-person interview in which we met at a local coffee shop.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer
    • Give me a helicopter view over the last 4 years of your life. What have you done?   Answer Question

Jan 15, 2018

Happy to see you've accepted the offer and are a part of the College Pro team!

Painter Interview

Interview

one interview hired on the spot

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at College Pro (Eau Claire, WI) in May 2009.

Interview

Applied online through Craig's List. Was contacted via e-mail and asked to call to schedule an interview. One-on-one interview in a local restaurant. Very relaxed. The Franchise Manager was very ambitious and intelligent, but paying employees became an issue a few months into working there. Bonuses paid for gathering clients committed to a free estimate of service. $20 cash on the spot for each lead, which was nice. Downside was that we were required to search for leads after working a full day, which was very tiring.

Interview Questions

• What time is your first class?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to perform physically-demanding work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. Although my team was given a raise as we were the best team our Franchise Manager had at the time, and he wanted to reward/retain all of us.

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at College Pro (Deerfield, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Had 15 minute interview at restaurant to make sure I wasn't completely incompetent. Seemed like it was just a formality as my friend vouched for and referred me to his boss. This is a summer job for kids in/going into college, and it's absolutely not worth it even if you've already had some exterior painting experience. If that's the case, get a job with a real painting company.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at College Pro (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2014.

Interview

The local manager called me and asked minor questions like what I wanted in a summer job and what school I was at. Then we set up an interview time. In the interview he explained all of the areas of the job including expectations, hours and pay and asked if I wanted to apply for one of his positions. Then he gave me a more formal interview and making sure I would be a good fit. The questions were fairly easy and it was pretty short. After the interview I was asked to make a decision call and he gave me an exact time to call him. Once I got the job, I had to give him information so he could put me in payroll and the insurance. Then the training starts. Hope this helps!

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at College Pro (Iowa City, IA) in June 2014.

Interview

It was very brief, we met at a current job site and he had a few questions for me, showed me what the work environment was like, and who I could possibly be working with.

Painter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at College Pro (London, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I got an email back within 24 hours asking for a phone interview and then if that goes well an in-person interview. The phone interview was only about 8 min long. The phone interview was pretty chill and the guy was very friendly. He told me about the job and then we got into the questions. Once we were done the questions on the phone he said that he would like to meet me in person for the second interview which would be 60-90 minutes long (wtf???) and I said okay and we set up a time. In between the phone call and the interview we had planned I got an offer for another job which I accepted so I politely cancelled the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

College Pro Response

Mar 15, 2017 – Community Manager

Thank you for sharing such a detailed review. It's too bad someone else beat us to the punch with a job offer. Our in person interviews do normally take the length of time you were told, so that... More