College Works Painting Branch Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

College Works Painting Branch Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at College Works Painting

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Long Beach, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

phone call, very basic, they called me and tried to get me into their company and tried so hard even though i was kind of skeptical. They did a phone call, then they did a web cam interview , and finally i met with the regional vice president at a starbucks in our school ( very informal). AND like i said, they tried to get me into it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how would you decrease cost and make more profit.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for College Works Painting

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Silver Spring, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

There was a quick phone screen and then several 1:1 interviews. A recruiter first called me with a very vague "Do you want to make money this summer?" kind of start to the conversation and barely told me what the company was. Later on as the recruiter talks to you one on one, he or she slowly reveals more about the company, describing the many benefits that are offered. For example, one of the benefits of selling over $60,000 in work is a trip to cancun. The average intern makes $10,000 over the span of the summer.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting.

Interview

Consists of multiple rounds to understand if the interviewee will excel as a Branch Manager. Starts with a phone screen and then focuses on many one to one interviews. It's not meant to be a stressful process as you mainly have to describe your characteristics and how they'd play a beneficial role as a Branch Manager. Focusing on leadership experience is a plus.

Interview Questions

• Explain an instance in which you showed leadership skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

During the interview process potential interns meet at 3 or 4 different people. The first takes place in a group interview where a district manager gets a feel for the talent pool. Those who are impressive are scheduled for a follow-up interview with another district manager. Once that is complete, you meet with the Vice President (usually this person has purchased the company (per state)), the direct employer.

Interview Questions

• This is going to be the hardest internship of your life, do you think you'll be able to manage the tough sales while also performing in school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Saint Paul, MN) in September 2013.

Interview

in class intro, group conversation, phone interview, another phone interview, final in-person interview. It was from District Manager to the Vice President of the region. There was plenty of time between interviews because in the person one had to be with the VP who could only do them every so often.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview which was used to discuss my interest in joining the company, the second interview was an in-person interview with the vice president to discuss pay and how the company operated. It was also an opportunity for me to ask questions I had about the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to accomplish by working here?   Answer Question
    • Upon completion of this program what do you plan on doing with your career?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting.

Interview

Very intense process with multiple levels. First there's an initial group interview. Then if they like you after that, there is a 1 on 1 interview. They give you a list of alumni to call to see how their experience was. Then you have a final interview with the VP.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced a challenging situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Lawrence, KS) in December 2013.

Interview

1.) Group interview where you get an overview of the company. 2.) Interview with same person if you are chosen from the group. 3.) Phone interview with past interns. 4.) Reverse interview with District Manager 5.) Interview with Vice President.

Interview Questions

• How do you expect to be able to handle such an intense internship?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Madison, WI) in January 2013.

Interview

Intensive. I went through 5 or 6 interviews, basically the want to test how invested you are. Every interviewer will ask you to do a few items of homework such as call past managers and ask them questions and advise. As long as you report back diligently and show you mean business, they will be pleased.

Interview Questions

• How would this position benefit your future?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at College Works Painting (Champaign, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

There are a number of interviews to apply for the role. First is an informational interview with a few other students. Then there is a reverse interview with a company executive. Then there is a phone interview with that same executive after you call some alumni of the internship. If you pass that interview, you are advanced to a final interview with a company Executive Vice President.

Interview Questions

• How might College Works help you reach your long-term goals?   Answer Question